[Q] Cant Unbrick My S4

Tip us?

ZeroFrozen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] Cant Unbrick My S4

Hello,
Last week I went to south-america for holidays and an old friend of mine saw that I couldn't use my phone because i had my sprint carrier and haven't unlocked it yet. He told me he could root my phone (which I upgraded to 4.3 when i was in the US). The tried to root my phone using a regular gt-i9500 guide for it. he did not know that it was different for the sprint phone (SPH-L720)

Problem|:
My phone is stuck at "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again."
I tried to use odin and a stock 4.2.2 SPH-L7290 sprint tar in the PDA thing and I keep getting a fail message.

Please i will appreciate any kind of help

PS"
I cant go in Recovery mode for the master reset (Volume up,home,power thing) I can only go on download mode (volume down,home,power)

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2348
You are trying to odin 4.2.2 when you are on 4.3. it is impossible to go back this way. It had been discussed an unbelievable amount of times. try searching a bit more before you post your problem. Odin MJA tar and see if that helps you.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

ZeroFrozen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653 View Post
You are trying to odin 4.2.2 when you are on 4.3. it is impossible to go back this way. It had been discussed an unbelievable amount of times. try searching a bit more before you post your problem. Odin MJA tar and see if that helps you.

I apologize if I haven't done my research properly. I appreciate your help. Sorry if i ask but can you be a bit more specific with the possible fix?
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeroFrozen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2348
http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.ph...Original%20TAR

since it seems like you know how to use odin. download this file which is the stock MJA tar.it comes in zip format so extract it and run it in odin while your phone is in download mode and connected to your PC.

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel4653 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]