5,593,650 Members 40,435 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Boot Loop - what happened?

Tip us?

BrokenLegGuy
Old
(Last edited by BrokenLegGuy; 27th December 2013 at 05:42 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default [Q] Boot Loop - what happened?

I was on Google+ and I checked out a youtube video, it was about a 3d printed engine. After watching the video I shut the screen off and I went to bed. When I woke up in the morning my tablet was displaying the Google logo and then restarting. What did I do?? The tablet was fully charged and wasn't plugged into anything. I could understand if I was tinkering with it but I hadn't done a thing. Now I don't know what the heck to do. I've tried Wug but I can't seem to get the ADB drivers to be recognized on my laptop, Windows 7 64bit. I'm at a loss as to what I should do next. Any help would be appreciated.

It was running 4.4.2 (KOT49H) for about a week.

**I should clarify the drivers thing. Windows says everything is installed and running correctly (Android Composite ADB Interface) but Wug is saying that ADB cannot be found.

**and for whatever reason the word Composite is throwing me off with the driver thing because nowhere in Wug's tutorial is that label for the driver but my laptop only seems to find that driver.

Current
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy S4
Rom: Stock....for now
Launcher: Nova Launcher Prime

Past
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy S II
Rom:CyanogenMod 9

GRG13
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Leave it for 1 day to charge and then try to turn it on without unplugging till boot finish...let us know what happened

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
PRESS "THANKS" IF I HELPED YOU

Current Device------->>LG 4X HD and i just purchased a white SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II N7100<<--------
-----UNLOCKED BOOT LOADER-----ROOTED------ RUNNING STOCK V20a
MY VIDEOS:

HOW TO USE PHOTOSPHERE ON 4.2.1---4.2.2--JELLY BEAN

iBolski
Old
Thanks Meter 287
Go into recovery mode and wipe cache and reboot and see if that fixes it.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD (unlocked) running Eclipse
32gb Nexus 7

BrokenLegGuy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRG13 View Post
Leave it for 1 day to charge and then try to turn it on without unplugging till boot finish...let us know what happened

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
I have it charging now. It's been plugged in since 7:30 this morning. So are we talking 8 hours, 24 hours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski View Post
Go into recovery mode and wipe cache and reboot and see if that fixes it.
I don't have the ability to go into recovery mode. All that happens is the Google logo comes up and then reboots. I can get into the fastboot screen but nothing else. I can power it off and it'll charge but reboots before it can go into recovery.

Current

Past

iBolski
Old
Thanks Meter 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLegGuy View Post
I have it charging now. It's been plugged in since 7:30 this morning. So are we talking 8 hours, 24 hours?

I don't have the ability to go into recovery mode. All that happens is the Google logo comes up and then reboots. I can get into the fastboot screen but nothing else. I can power it off and it'll charge but reboots before it can go into recovery.
are you sure you have the correct drivers installed? I'm on Windows 7 64-bit and it works just fine.

You might want to go into device manager and remove the device completely from Windows 7 and then try reinstalling the device drivers.

Worse comes to worse, get the Nexus 7 toolkit from Skipsoft.net. It contains all the correct drivers. That's what I use.

Try that. If you can get into fastboot mode, then you will be able to reflash everything back as long as you had USB debugging enabled. You can choose to keep data or do a complete wipe of everything with the N7 toolkit.

I never used wug as I've always had great results with the N7 toolkit.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD (unlocked) running Eclipse
32gb Nexus 7

Rmontoya83
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Smile try this

I ran into a similar situation go to wig fresh put your device into fastboot. Then click softbrick reboot it will wipe your device but it will fix it make sure you select the same software you want to install. K
Phone:Sprint LGOG
BOOTLOADER:Unlocked Always
Kernel:XboxFanJ
ROM:Lego Rom

BrokenLegGuy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski View Post
are you sure you have the correct drivers installed? I'm on Windows 7 64-bit and it works just fine.

You might want to go into device manager and remove the device completely from Windows 7 and then try reinstalling the device drivers.

Worse comes to worse, get the Nexus 7 toolkit from Skipsoft.net. It contains all the correct drivers. That's what I use.

Try that. If you can get into fastboot mode, then you will be able to reflash everything back as long as you had USB debugging enabled. You can choose to keep data or do a complete wipe of everything with the N7 toolkit.

I never used wug as I've always had great results with the N7 toolkit.
After deleting all the drivers I knew were Android I also deleted all the generic usb drivers as well, which I didn't think to do earlier, and then wug could see the correct ADB drivers.

I tried Skipsoft last night and it is far more feature rich but I had the same results. Still bootlooping. On the plus side I was able to re-lock the bootloader, which I couldn't do in wug from the fastboot screen, so I can have it covered under warranty if nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmontoya83 View Post
I ran into a similar situation go to wig fresh put your device into fastboot. Then click softbrick reboot it will wipe your device but it will fix it make sure you select the same software you want to install. K
wugfresh is what I was originally using and no dice. I have a second tablet I used to determine what build I wanted to use. because both tablets where updated and everything at the same time.

Current

Past