XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] T999L, trouble with installing custom roms after 4.3 update

Tip us?

Zaphodspeaks
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingghost View Post
True, but I guess my issue is that I can't install any of the CM roms, not even 10.2 which is based on 4.3. I just like CM because of the customization and the rom you linked me to has some of them, but not all. I've already tried unrooting and re-rooting, but that still did not help. Is there a different way you're supposed to root after the 4.3 update? I've always followed the instructions on DocHoliday's T999L/T999N thread and before 4.3, I was able to use twrp to flash t999 roms without removing asserts, but now even removing the asserts, I can't install any custom roms
I have been able to install a couple of CM 10.2 Roms.. Not sure what ones I flashed, because I couldnt connect my phone to my PC via USB..
the phone started to act a bit bazaar.. So I reverted to something I knew..
====================================
Device: Asus TF101 (Currently rocking Katkiss 4.4.2)
Device: Nexus 7 2012 16gig.. (Broken)
Device: Nexus 7 2013 Flo 32gig, (Currently Rocking PACMAN ROM 4.4.2)
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE T999L T-Mobile (S3Rx 3.0 T-Mobile) The best ROM i've ever used!

wanderingghost
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphodspeaks View Post
I have been able to install a couple of CM 10.2 Roms.. Not sure what ones I flashed, because I couldn't connect my phone to my PC via USB..
the phone started to act a bit bazaar.. So I reverted to something I knew..
Different CM 10.2 roms as in stable, rc, nightly? I tried the stable version earlier and still no luck. I'm kind of starting to give up on it because I'm just getting frustrated lol

Zaphodspeaks
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingghost View Post
Different CM 10.2 roms as in stable, rc, nightly? I tried the stable version earlier and still no luck. I'm kind of starting to give up on it because I'm just getting frustrated lol
Im pretty new to this area myself.. I've had a few trial and error issues..
Flashing Nexus devices is far to easy compared to this.. But since they have no Micro SDcard reader..
I'll never own a Nexus phone..
Device: Asus TF101 (Currently rocking Katkiss 4.4.2)
Device: Nexus 7 2012 16gig.. (Broken)
Device: Nexus 7 2013 Flo 32gig, (Currently Rocking PACMAN ROM 4.4.2)
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE T999L T-Mobile (S3Rx 3.0 T-Mobile) The best ROM i've ever used!

wanderingghost
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
This is the first phone I've rooted, I didn't have problems until after 4.3. But would you happen to know where I can find instructions on how to unroot this device? I was going to try to find an 100% 4.3 stock rom, unroot, and then try this (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2563955) to see if it would work and if it didn't, then I'll just leave my phone unrooted. But I can't find any instructions anywhere, the only one's I can find are DocHoliday's but that's to return to stock 4.1.2

wanderingghost
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Never mind, I figured out