Touchdown emails notification truncated

Search This thread

mhonard

Jul 31, 2012
I'm running Gear Manager 1.5.120903 and Software UAMK7 on Note 3. I'm considering returning my gear because i don't not get full body notifications from Touchdown, my work email exchange client, I do get the title of the emails but to see the full body I have to go manually into the app on the watch. On the other hand gmail works just fine. Any fixes?

I understand the Sony SWII gives full email content notifications.

TroyLeeWells

Oct 23, 2013
I believe that it is because your Outlook server has security settings that make it that way. Mine did. Also made it so I had to have a lock screen with a pin code to unlock.

I Google searched Outlook no pin for android 4.3 and found a solution that worked. I had to flash a zip file.

Anyways. I think the issue is with your email server. Not the watch...

mhonard

Jul 31, 2012
I believe that it is because your Outlook server has security settings that make it that way. Mine did. Also made it so I had to have a lock screen with a pin code to unlock.

I Google searched Outlook no pin for android 4.3 and found a solution that worked. I had to flash a zip file.

Anyways. I think the issue is with your email server. Not the watch...

Thanks but can't root my phone as IT can tell. However why does Sony S2 work? Just bought one today and the touchdown email comes thru as a notification complete with entire email body

Mar 5, 2011
My company changed over to requiring Maas360 and TouchDown for accessing the 2010 Exchange Server. I poked around through the TouchDown settings to find the new server address and was able to setup my work account using the stock email app. TouchDown is still installed but pretty much disabled. I have had no issues with my work email account and get most of the email body on my gear. Don't know if this will work for you, but it's worth a shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fbueller

Mar 28, 2006
Thanks but can't root my phone as IT can tell. However why does Sony S2 work? Just bought one today and the touchdown email comes thru as a notification complete with entire email body

I'm fairly certain that this is because Touchdown isn't specifically designed to work with the Gear, and as a result it's just trying to do its best. If Nitrodesk updated their software to specifically communicate with the Gear it'd work ok. You may want to send them a request email, I'm probably going to.

mhonard

Jul 31, 2012
My company changed over to requiring Maas360 and TouchDown for accessing the 2010 Exchange Server. I poked around through the TouchDown settings to find the new server address and was able to setup my work account using the stock email app. TouchDown is still installed but pretty much disabled. I have had no issues with my work email account and get most of the email body on my gear. Don't know if this will work for you, but it's worth a shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

WOW this was great advice:) So Simple never thought to give it a try or even considered it would work. I now have complete email messages on my gear thru exchange. Thanks