[Q] What is the correct usb flex cable for i777

Tip us?

mmystere68
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] What is the correct usb flex cable for i777

Hello i have a damaged usb flex cable in my i777... The phone won't charge and otg does not work. I had my local change it 2 weeks ago amd it seems i wasted my $35 for nothing. I am looking for the usb flex compatible with i777 and cheaper... I found those:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290717679915...84.m1423.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dock-Connect...item3cd9c0dd17
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charging-Por...11239745950%26

Which one do you recommend?
Reply fast as i have no phone to use and i need to repair it myself asap.if you can find one cheaper that would work fine plz post the links... (I buy on ebay only)
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012) 8Gb ROM: SmoothRom 5.3 (JB 4.3.1)
Phone : Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 (unlocked) ROM: Shostock3 v4.0 (JB 4.1.2)

creepyncrawly
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2659

DONATE TO ME
I really can't answer your question definitively. I have read several posts by people who have tried installing the I9100 replacement part and found it did not work correctly in the I777, and then subsequently purchased the right part and it did work. I would guess that all three of the ones you listed will not work, but I think you will have to do a little more research to find out the part number for the correct part. You should be able to find the information since others have found it and posted about it.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mmystere68
Old
(Last edited by mmystere68; 27th December 2013 at 06:19 AM.) Reason: info update
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepyncrawly View Post
I really can't answer your question definitively. I have read several posts by people who have tried installing the I9100 replacement part and found it did not work correctly in the I777, and then subsequently purchased the right part and it did work. I would guess that all three of the ones you listed will not work, but I think you will have to do a little more research to find out the part number for the correct part. You should be able to find the information since others have found it and posted about it.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

i searched and read a lot on xda...and i found a lot of people had success with i9100 flex cable on i777....just to be sure i can buy the flex on ebay that says compatible for i777 and try it...if it does not work i can contact the seller and tell him it did not match the description.

P.S there are a lot of usb flex with different code on them....rev2.2, rev2.3...2.4 etc....which one do i need?
some people posted rev2.2 did the trick while others sounded completely sure 2.2 does not work and 2.3\2.4 worked for them....who do i believe?

mmystere68
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
This is the broken cable in my s2....should i use the same part rev2.2 to replace it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388160011637.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	2477580  

creepyncrawly
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2659

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmystere68 View Post
This is the broken cable in my s2....should i use the same part rev2.2 to replace it?
Well, ignore what I said in the previous post and pay attention to people who have actually replaced their usb port. I have no first hand experience with this since my usb port has worked flawlessly for 2 plus years. Evidently, my memory of what I have read about usb port replacement here on the forums during the past two years is not accurate either.
The Following User Says Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mmystere68
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepyncrawly View Post
Well, ignore what I said in the previous post and pay attention to people who have actually replaced their usb port. I have no first hand experience with this since my usb port has worked flawlessly for 2 plus years. Evidently, my memory of what I have read about usb port replacement here on the forums during the past two years is not accurate either.
i bought this one : http://www.ebay.com/itm/121218391064...84.m1439.l2649

will see how it goes...i bought this because it looked real similar to the original one.