[Q] Stuck cannot get past Download mode

Tip us?

radiskull1973
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Angry [Q] Stuck cannot get past Download mode

Hi,

I recently J Tagged my galaxy S4 Verizon and it came back to me with these specs:

ME7 stock Rooted Rom
Android 4.2.2
Base band
I545VRUAME7
Safe Strap 3.64 TWPR v 2.6.3.1
Hyperdrive ROM ver 10

I tried to use ODIN to re-flash to stock ROM VRUAMDK_Nowipe_tar_md5. So that I may be able to update to the new Hyperdriver ROM and it didn't turn out as planned.

HERE IS WHAT I DID:

I just turned off the phone.
Installed Samsung drivers on PC
Down loaded the TAR file loaded it in to ODIN and hit PDA and let it do its thing.
I've tried this several times and every times it ends in a FAIL.
I can put the phone into download mode but that it nothing past that.
Some times I get the message to connect it to KIES as it need missing files. I did that too and KIES takes forever to search for the S4 and cannot find it.

The drivers are installed the PC recognizes the phone. But KIES does not.

The guy who J tagged it said that he froze the system apk SDM 1.0 to stop OTA.

Does any one know how to help me get out of this predicament? I would really appreciate the help and guidance.

Thanks in advance!

riker147
Old
(Last edited by riker147; 27th December 2013 at 11:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiskull1973 View Post
Hi,

I recently J Tagged my galaxy S4 Verizon and it came back to me with these specs:

ME7 stock Rooted Rom
Android 4.2.2
Base band
I545VRUAME7
Safe Strap 3.64 TWPR v 2.6.3.1
Hyperdrive ROM ver 10

I tried to use ODIN to re-flash to stock ROM VRUAMDK_Nowipe_tar_md5. So that I may be able to update to the new Hyperdriver ROM and it didn't turn out as planned.

HERE IS WHAT I DID:

I just turned off the phone.
Installed Samsung drivers on PC
Down loaded the TAR file loaded it in to ODIN and hit PDA and let it do its thing.
I've tried this several times and every times it ends in a FAIL.
I can put the phone into download mode but that it nothing past that.
Some times I get the message to connect it to KIES as it need missing files. I did that too and KIES takes forever to search for the S4 and cannot find it.

The drivers are installed the PC recognizes the phone. But KIES does not.

The guy who J tagged it said that he froze the system apk SDM 1.0 to stop OTA.

Does any one know how to help me get out of this predicament? I would really appreciate the help and guidance.

Thanks in advance!
You can't revert to older firmware. It's been posted over and over. If you were on ME7 then you have to get a ME7 Tar file and use Odin to flash that. After that, if you want Hyperdrive RLS 12, you would have to update to MJ7 (or MK2), then install Safestrap 3.70.
You have a lot of reading to do. I suggest you take your time and do your research.

Sent from my NCC 1701 Using Tapatalk 4
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to riker147 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

radiskull1973
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default ME7 TAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147 View Post
You can't revert to older firmware. It's been posted over and over. If you were on ME7 then you have to get a ME7 Tar file and use Odin to flash that. After that, if you want Hyperdrive RLS 12, you would have to update to MJ7 (or MK2), then install Safestrap 3.70.
You have a lot of reading to do. I suggest you take your time and do your research.

Sent from my NCC 1701 Using Tapatalk 4
Hey thanks for the reply, you're right I should have done some more reading. I managed to start the phone but it's running real sluggish. I've done several searches for a ME7 TAR file to use with ODIN but I can't fine any thing. You happen to know of a link that could help me out. Appreciate it.

Sorry for the bother!

riker147
Old
(Last edited by riker147; 27th December 2013 at 03:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Hey thanks for the reply, you're right I should have done some more reading. I managed to start the phone but it's running real sluggish. I've done several searches for a ME7 TAR file to use with ODIN but I can't fine any thing. You happen to know of a link that could help me out. Appreciate it.

Sorry for the bother!
Quick search found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2301259. Take your time and read everything before you jump in. Good luck.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental
The Following User Says Thank You to riker147 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

radiskull1973
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Should I OTA now??

Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147 View Post
Quick search found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2301259. Take your time and read everything before you jump in. Good luck.
Thanks so much for the help and the links they really saved the day. I managed to follow instruction closely and installed stock ME7 through ODIN and rooted the phone.

Should I go ahead and do a OTA update or will lock me down and keep me from installing custom ROM?

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1241

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks so much for the help and the links they really saved the day. I managed to follow instruction closely and installed stock ME7 through ODIN and rooted the phone.

Should I go ahead and do a OTA update or will lock me down and keep me from installing custom ROM?
You can currently root any of the I545 versions, so updating is not prohibited. You'll need to decide if it's worthwhile.

None of the versions later than MDK will allow you to install a custom recovery. Also, Custom ROMs are limited and installed using Safestrap, only Touchwiz compatible. No AOSP or CM.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Schoat333
Old
Thanks Meter 40
What exactly does j-tag do on an S4?

radiskull1973
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default J Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoat333 View Post
What exactly does j-tag do on an S4?

I just going to repeat things like a parrot because I'm new to all of this. I flashed the wrong ROM, meaning ROM meant for another model other than my phone which is a SCH-I545. That ruins the EMMC chip that has all the booting up information. At this point the phone is HARD BRICKED. In J TAG they use a certain device after disassembling the phone and re install necessary software to bring it back to life and save the phone, so you don't have to throw it away. Man folks of Ebay offer this service for around $30 not a bad deal. Made my phone run pretty good as new.