XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S4 - crazy issues - Purchased from Afghan bazaar

Tip us?

j.ying714
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Galaxy S4 - crazy issues - Purchased from Afghan bazaar

Ok, im sure the title caught your attention. Im currently deployed in Afghanistan, and im weeks from coming back to the states. I bought a galaxy S4 from the bazaar here on my fob. After a couple days I rooted it with Odin and the MD5 root file was CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar.md5.
Ive been having trouble with the phone, ect. Widgets not working, wifi is sketchy, programs not loading correctly. I either figure its because of the software I put on it, or because I bought it here in Afghanistan. Im hoping that its the software and I didn't just blow some cash. Ive been searching the forums for a couple days now on this site as well as others, trying to download stock firmware for this phone, but im not exactly sure which to download. My intentions for this phone is to bring it back to the states and put my ATT Sim card into it. I could really use some help and it would be greatly appreciated. Heres all the phone information I feel could be needed.

Model - GT-I9505
android version - 4.2.2
Baseband version - I9505XXUBMEA
Kernal Version - 3.4.0-768421 se.infra@R0210-01 #1 Thu may 30 00:56:31 KST 2013
build number - JDQ39.I9505XXUBMEA

ted77usa
Old
(Last edited by ted77usa; 27th December 2013 at 06:06 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2091

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.ying714 View Post
Ok, im sure the title caught your attention. Im currently deployed in Afghanistan, and im weeks from coming back to the states. I bought a galaxy S4 from the bazaar here on my fob. After a couple days I rooted it with Odin and the MD5 root file was CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar.md5.
Ive been having trouble with the phone, ect. Widgets not working, wifi is sketchy, programs not loading correctly. I either figure its because of the software I put on it, or because I bought it here in Afghanistan. Im hoping that its the software and I didn't just blow some cash. Ive been searching the forums for a couple days now on this site as well as others, trying to download stock firmware for this phone, but im not exactly sure which to download. My intentions for this phone is to bring it back to the states and put my ATT Sim card into it. I could really use some help and it would be greatly appreciated. Heres all the phone information I feel could be needed.

Model - GT-I9505
android version - 4.2.2
Baseband version - I9505XXUBMEA
Kernal Version - 3.4.0-768421 se.infra@R0210-01 #1 Thu may 30 00:56:31 KST 2013
build number - JDQ39.I9505XXUBMEA
U might have to try ask on this attched forum since match your firmware and get more help over here SAMSUNG S4 GT-I9505 coz i read on HTC ONE XL forum AFGHAN version kinda tricky the way the firmware written......and maybe also same way with Samsung S4.....Goodluck....and Welcome back to US soon for HOLIDAY and we appreciated what u did to the country.....