XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 ROMS

Tip us?

Zaileion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Note 3 ROMS

I've noticed only a few ROMS available for the Sprint Note 3. I know Sprint is always a few months behind other carriers but I do greatly prefer Sprint over all other carriers. For their political beliefs there environmental outlook and quality of service. Though... One of my favorite things to do is flash ROMS and tweak my devices. So I'm now I'm in a position where my carrier is preventing me from doing one of the things I enjoy doing. I'm wondering if the ROM developers can start porting their ROMS for SM-N900P Sprint Note 3, or is there a moderately difficult process someone can point me to so I can port them myself. I can follow directions no matter how difficult but I cannot program.

dakota123456789
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
We're in second place in overall threads and as far as the amount of posts, we're in 4th place, but still. While I know this doesn't represent ROMs, it does show activity, and we're not a ghost town. So, please, stop complaining about the lack of development here on the Sprint Galaxy Note 3 forum. We're as active as can be at the moment.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Sprint: Note 3 SM-N900P
Root: Yes! Thanks Chainfire!
ROM: Stock MJ4

DeviantART: http://daktoa123456789.deviantart.com/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dakota123456789 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ram9200
Old
Thanks Meter 1439
Why not I'm running x note on my phone and have everything working except the camera...

mjcollum
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4654

DONATE TO ME
"So I'm now I'm in a position where my carrier is preventing me from doing one of the things I enjoy doing."

just a bit dramatic, technically they are not stopping you. the lack of roms is stopping you.

but i digress...
While I'm always for more roms, i like mine to be different enough from each other to be able to tell what i'm flashing.
i guess we could just get a bunch of very similar roms that way you could just flash a new one all day.

though i say with the ones we have, and at the rate they get updated, if yuo install them and play around with each one, by the time you were done there would be updates to the first ones to go back and start the whole series over.

that wasn't a run on sentence by the way.

porting roms is a whole can of worms...

starting with getting permissions from the original authors
to figuring out what needs to be changed to make it work.

can be painfree and simple
or can be worse than doing it from scratch.

though i have a prediction, not that i would have heard or anything, that we will see a few new roms shortly.

shhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell them i told you they wil AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjcollum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mhutton
Old
Thanks Meter 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcollum View Post
"So I'm now I'm in a position where my carrier is preventing me from doing one of the things I enjoy doing."

just a bit dramatic, technically they are not stopping you. the lack of roms is stopping you.

but i digress...
While I'm always for more roms, i like mine to be different enough from each other to be able to tell what i'm flashing.
i guess we could just get a bunch of very similar roms that way you could just flash a new one all day.

though i say with the ones we have, and at the rate they get updated, if yuo install them and play around with each one, by the time you were done there would be updates to the first ones to go back and start the whole series over.

that wasn't a run on sentence by the way

though i have a prediction, not that i would have heard or anything, that we will see a few new roms shortly.

shhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell them i told you they wil AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

preach on brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram9200 View Post
Why not I'm running x note on my phone and have everything working except the camera...

Interesting did you have to do some tweaking or just flash and use. I didn't think Sprint could you other carriers ROMs.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mhutton For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ram9200
Old
Thanks Meter 1439
Definitely had to tweak, had to mess with the framework

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ram9200 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

messiah143
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I wonder the same thing is to why we have a very small list of ROMS.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app