5,603,646 Members 37,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help... I think I hard bricked my phone!

Tip us?

kristibaee
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Help... I think I hard bricked my phone!

My phone was having some problems flashing ROMs so I tried everything to get it to flash. It would only flash Samsung ROMs, no CM based ROMs. One of the things I did was to flash a modem/bootloader that was for the T999; I have the T999L. After it successfully installed, I rebooted my phone and it never turned on again. I tried holding the power button and multiple combinations of the volume and power buttons with no success. I tried switching out the battery with no success as well. When I plug it into the computer with a USB cord the red LED light comes on and the computer makes a sound. Other than that, the phone wont turn on. I was running 4.3 Stock ROM before it was hard bricked, was rooted and had TWRP 2.3.3.0... Please help.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2267
That was stupid, you're hard bricked

fingolfin14
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristibaee View Post
My phone was having some problems flashing ROMs so I tried everything to get it to flash. It would only flash Samsung ROMs, no CM based ROMs. One of the things I did was to flash a modem/bootloader that was for the T999; I have the T999L. After it successfully installed, I rebooted my phone and it never turned on again. I tried holding the power button and multiple combinations of the volume and power buttons with no success. I tried switching out the battery with no success as well. When I plug it into the computer with a USB cord the red LED light comes on and the computer makes a sound. Other than that, the phone wont turn on. I was running 4.3 Stock ROM before it was hard bricked, was rooted and had TWRP 2.3.3.0... Please help.
If you can't get into download mode then it is likely you are hard bricked. For future reference, flashing bootloaders/modems for phones that do not have your exact model number is extremely risky and shouldn't be attempted. Do you still have a warranty? If it can't be turned on, that most likely means they won't be able to see that it was rooted and should replace it.

kristibaee
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingolfin14 View Post
If you can't get into download mode then it is likely you are hard bricked. For future reference, flashing bootloaders/modems for phones that do not have your exact model number is extremely risky and shouldn't be attempted. Do you still have a warranty? If it can't be turned on, that most likely means they won't be able to see that it was rooted and should replace it.
I think my warranty ended about a month ago -__-

Perseus71
Old
(Last edited by Perseus71; 27th December 2013 at 06:27 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2346

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Let's all take a deep breath. We all make mistakes one time or the other. Even if the Device is hardbricked, does not mean you'd have to replace it.

@kristibaee please follow this De-Bricking thread. There's a video tutorial. Do note, you have most likely only one chance to bring the phone back. So please read everything on that thread before attempting.

Since you had Stock 4.3 before, you must use a 4.3 image to De-Brick. There's one posted on that thread.

NOTE - I suspect that your attempt to flash different bootloader on top of the 4.3 bootloader would have possibly blown your E-Fuse. If that's the case, then there is a possibility that De-Bricking may fail. But don't draw conclusion without attempting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perseus71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kristibaee
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
Let's all take a deep breath. We all make mistakes one time or the other. Even if the Device is hardbricked, does not mean you'd have to replace it.

@kristibaee please follow this De-Bricking thread. There's a video tutorial. Do note, you have most likely only one chance to bring the phone back. So please read everything on that thread before attempting.

Since you had Stock 4.3 before, you must use a 4.3 image to De-Brick. There's one posted on that thread.

NOTE - I suspect that your attempt to flash different bootloader on top of the 4.3 bootloader would have possibly blown your E-Fuse. If that's the case, then there is a possibility that De-Bricking may fail. But don't draw conclusion without attempting.
Thanks! Ill give it a try. Can you post the link one more time please? Thank you

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2346

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks! Ill give it a try. Can you post the link one more time please? Thank you
What the De-Brick Thread ? Apology my link was broken.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2439367