Tip us?

belavera
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default new kernel and ROM, I'm lost !?

Hello guys,
I am in great need of your help.

About 6 months ago I have successfully installed Lupus kernel and Octane ROM on my Satsuma, bootloader unlocked. Yesterday I have decided to change it to Kappa 1.6 kernel and Fluorescent Feather ROM, unfortunately it's quite difficult.

So I've got Flashtool, followed the tutorials and flashed kernel. Then when rebooting I entered Recovery and followed Saqib Nazm instructions in his thread. Installation was ok and it had prompted me to finish Setup. I went through all 7 steps but at the end I got "Unfortunately Setup Wizard has Stopped. OK" the phone itself was blank. I couldn't switch it off, so I took the battery out, then switched it back on but the phone is hanging on that pretty wave animation on the beginning.

What to do now ?

Rei Zazie
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by belavera View Post
Hello guys,
I am in great need of your help.

About 6 months ago I have successfully installed Lupus kernel and Octane ROM on my Satsuma, bootloader unlocked. Yesterday I have decided to change it to Kappa 1.6 kernel and Fluorescent Feather ROM, unfortunately it's quite difficult.

So I've got Flashtool, followed the tutorials and flashed kernel. Then when rebooting I entered Recovery and followed Saqib Nazm instructions in his thread. Installation was ok and it had prompted me to finish Setup. I went through all 7 steps but at the end I got "Unfortunately Setup Wizard has Stopped. OK" the phone itself was blank. I couldn't switch it off, so I took the battery out, then switched it back on but the phone is hanging on that pretty wave animation on the beginning.

What to do now ?
You either got bootloop or brick. Try to enter recovery mode to recover your ROM. If you can't enter it, I'm afraid you have to flash the whole ROM from the very start..
My Works

***Sword Art Online Theme for Gingerbread and UP***
***Change your WT19i Walkman Button Function***
Sony Ericsson WT19i
Zelly Cream 5.0 - REINCARNATION
Locked Bootloader

Just Click If I Helped...

NiTesh
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Better to install backup of previous rom which was working fine for you..

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

belavera
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default It is not good!

Hello I'am back with very bad news.

since the last post I have tried for hours to come with some kind of result, but to no avail.

*I've tried to install stock ROM - flashable zip in Recovery, phone gone dead!, I've managed to get to Recovery and installed FF ROM (no back up done prior, idiot) phone stuck on Android upgrade
*I've decided to download FTF, extracted it, used Flashtool - all drivers done too, but my phone can't get to flashmode, it is switching itself on/off constantly.
*yes I do have Kappa kernel, but it's not possible to finish ROM installation, the Setup wizard crashes every time at the end and the phone is blank, without ROM.

any ideas folks?

Rei Zazie
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by belavera View Post
Hello I'am back with very bad news.

since the last post I have tried for hours to come with some kind of result, but to no avail.

*I've tried to install stock ROM - flashable zip in Recovery, phone gone dead!, I've managed to get to Recovery and installed FF ROM (no back up done prior, idiot) phone stuck on Android upgrade
*I've decided to download FTF, extracted it, used Flashtool - all drivers done too, but my phone can't get to flashmode, it is switching itself on/off constantly.
*yes I do have Kappa kernel, but it's not possible to finish ROM installation, the Setup wizard crashes every time at the end and the phone is blank, without ROM.

any ideas folks?
yup... that's bootloop... flashing the FTF without changing the kernel back to which one it was or the compatible one with the FTF you flashed will only cause your phone keep restarting (bootloop).
since you didn't backup your ROM, the only option is to flash the firmware from very beginning.
Flash the FTF, and also flash the kernel. you will get your phone back to the very start of your phone just like it was when you bought it.
My Works

***Sword Art Online Theme for Gingerbread and UP***
***Change your WT19i Walkman Button Function***
Sony Ericsson WT19i
Zelly Cream 5.0 - REINCARNATION
Locked Bootloader

Just Click If I Helped...

belavera
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problen Solved

ok, so the bootloop is solved,
I do not know how I managed to do it. After hours of trying I installed another ROM - Flawless ISC v4 and keeping Kappa kernel. As I said before, no idea how, just endless trying because I love my Satsuma.

Thanks very much for help