5,597,397 Members 31,308 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sony Smartwatch MN2 won't turn on (without usb cable)

Tip us?

mrkeepout
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Sony Smartwatch MN2 won't turn on (without usb cable)

When holding my watch, trying to boot it up, nothing happens, the watch does not turn on.
Once connected to it's USB cable, The device shows up the SONY splash screen, then tries to pair with my phone.
Appearently, he does not remember my phone, it just keeps searching. When I delete the SmartWatch from my BT device list, then pair with the device again, the MN2 works well again like it should, but still connected to the USB cable. How can I force DFU mode?

magnusaaa
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Sony Dumb? Watch

I have similar issues and mine wont even perform any task at all. I instaled the proper software but nothing happens. The only thing Ive suceded with is to pair by confirming the bluetooth digits. My watc wont even show me the time... Im getting desperate...... Help!

themissionimpossible
Old
(Last edited by themissionimpossible; 27th December 2013 at 03:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnusaaa View Post
I have similar issues [CUT]
You posted the same issue in 2 threads (crossposting is not generally appreciated...)

Anyway, don't despair, if possible try pairing with another smartphone and see if it works this way.

magnusaaa
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by themissionimpossible View Post
You posted the same issue in 2 threads (crossposting is not generally appreciated...)

Anyway, don't despair, if possible try pairing with another smartphone and see if it works this way.
OK sorry bout double posts... Will stick to one thread.And IOḿ waiting for another droid to ry it out... But I have a Z Ultra so I feel its a shame for sony making it6 so hard...

anees167
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I had a lot of problems with MN2 battery and charging issues. The best thing is to contact Sony and send it for repairs and it is likely it will happen again. Now I'm using SW2 and its so much more reliable and durable with less problems than MN2 I recomened you get the new watch

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
MY DEVICES= LG COOKIE (STOLEN) > SAMSUNG G600 (DEAD) > ORANGE SAN FRANCISCO/ ZTE BLADE (SOLD) > SONY ERICSSON XPERIA PLAY (SOLD) > SONY XPERIA S (SOLD) > LG NEXUS 4 (CURRENT)