5,597,007 Members 47,723 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Did I just brick my phone?

Tip us?
 
Excalabor
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default Did I just brick my phone?

So I needed to restore my S4 back to stock firmware and was running CM 10.2 for many months with no issues. I wiped all data from CM 10.2 and then tried to use ODEN to flash stock firmware to the S4. ( i used the 4.3 firmware not 4.2.2)

It passed with success but then it stuck in a bootloop. I cant reboot into stock recovery, but can get back to download mode. This was flashing the updated stock 4.3 firmware....

I tried removing battery and doing a stock recovery to restore to factory with no luck.

Any ideas?

Is there a way to use odin to reflash CM 10.2 since I no longer have TWRP
 
ParkerParker
Old
(Last edited by ParkerParker; 27th December 2013 at 07:29 PM.)
#2  
ParkerParker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 908
Posts: 962
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: ThE EvErGrEeN StAtE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabor View Post
So I needed to restore my S4 back to stock firmware and was running CM 10.2 for many months with no issues. I wiped all data from CM 10.2 and then tried to use ODEN to flash stock firmware to the S4. ( i used the 4.3 firmware not 4.2.2)

It passed with success but then it stuck in a bootloop. I cant reboot into stock recovery, but can get back to download mode. This was flashing the updated stock 4.3 firmware....

I tried removing battery and doing a stock recovery to restore to factory with no luck.

Any ideas?

Is there a way to use odin to reflash CM 10.2 since I no longer have TWRP
If it were me I would reflash firmware with Odin.. If you are successful, you should have stock recovery even you are stuck in bl.. Power down phone go to recovery and do a factory reset.. What does it do when you try to get into recovery? Sometimes it can take quit a few attempts to get into recovery.. Its taken me upwards of 5 times to get into stock recovery after a firmware flash.. Also were you on 4.2.2 or 4.3 when you Odin'd 4.3?

Also check this thread out
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48871865

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
 
Excalabor
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerParker View Post
If it were me I would reflash firmware with Odin.. If you are successful, you should have stock recovery even you are stuck in bl.. Power down phone go to recovery and do a factory reset.. What does it do when you try to get into recovery? Sometimes it can take quit a few attempts to get into recovery.. Its taken me upwards of 5 times to get into stock recovery after a firmware flash.. Also were you on 4.2.2 or 4.3 when you Odin'd 4.3?

Also check this thread out
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48871865

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
I was on 4.3.1 when I flashed 4.3

If i power down and try to get into stock recovery, it doesnt work and reboots. If i go into download mode and hit "cancel" and then try to get into stock recovery, the blue text shows up as if it is working , but then resets before it can enter stock recovery.

I am redownloading a MDL stock firmware to try and reflash using odin again from here
https://www.copy.com/s/XBuW3TpgjSi3/...4/MDL/Firmware
 
ParkerParker
Old
#4  
ParkerParker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 908
Posts: 962
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: ThE EvErGrEeN StAtE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabor View Post
I was on 4.3.1 when I flashed 4.3

If i power down and try to get into stock recovery, it doesnt work and reboots. If i go into download mode and hit "cancel" and then try to get into stock recovery, the blue text shows up as if it is working , but then resets before it can enter stock recovery.

I am redownloading a MDL stock firmware to try and reflash using odin again from here
https://www.copy.com/s/XBuW3TpgjSi3/...4/MDL/Firmware
If you are on 4.3 you can not go back.. Look at link in previous post, you may have had a bad DL, I would try MJA again

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
 
Excalabor
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerParker View Post
If you are on 4.3 you can not go back.. Look at link in previous post, you may have had a bad DL, I would try MJA again

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Ok I was able to get the system booted and into stock recovery where I did a factory reset.

The phone boots all the way until the yellow "sprint" screen and stops....
 
ParkerParker
Old
#6  
ParkerParker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 908
Posts: 962
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: ThE EvErGrEeN StAtE
It can take awhile

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabor View Post
Ok I was able to get the system booted and into stock recovery where I did a factory reset.

The phone boots all the way until the yellow "sprint" screen and stops....
If it still dosent work DL this and start over unzip and use tar.md5..

http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.ph...Original%20TAR

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
 
Excalabor
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerParker View Post
It can take awhile

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

haha, all you need is patience..it works.... thank you for your help!
 
ParkerParker
Old
#8  
ParkerParker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 908
Posts: 962
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: ThE EvErGrEeN StAtE
Your welcome.. I know the feeling been there before

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...