XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Did I just brick my phone?

Tip us?

Excalabor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Did I just brick my phone?

So I needed to restore my S4 back to stock firmware and was running CM 10.2 for many months with no issues. I wiped all data from CM 10.2 and then tried to use ODEN to flash stock firmware to the S4. ( i used the 4.3 firmware not 4.2.2)

It passed with success but then it stuck in a bootloop. I cant reboot into stock recovery, but can get back to download mode. This was flashing the updated stock 4.3 firmware....

I tried removing battery and doing a stock recovery to restore to factory with no luck.

Any ideas?

Is there a way to use odin to reflash CM 10.2 since I no longer have TWRP

ParkerParker
Old
(Last edited by ParkerParker; 27th December 2013 at 07:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabor View Post
So I needed to restore my S4 back to stock firmware and was running CM 10.2 for many months with no issues. I wiped all data from CM 10.2 and then tried to use ODEN to flash stock firmware to the S4. ( i used the 4.3 firmware not 4.2.2)

It passed with success but then it stuck in a bootloop. I cant reboot into stock recovery, but can get back to download mode. This was flashing the updated stock 4.3 firmware....

I tried removing battery and doing a stock recovery to restore to factory with no luck.

Any ideas?

Is there a way to use odin to reflash CM 10.2 since I no longer have TWRP
If it were me I would reflash firmware with Odin.. If you are successful, you should have stock recovery even you are stuck in bl.. Power down phone go to recovery and do a factory reset.. What does it do when you try to get into recovery? Sometimes it can take quit a few attempts to get into recovery.. Its taken me upwards of 5 times to get into stock recovery after a firmware flash.. Also were you on 4.2.2 or 4.3 when you Odin'd 4.3?

Also check this thread out
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48871865

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Excalabor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerParker View Post
If it were me I would reflash firmware with Odin.. If you are successful, you should have stock recovery even you are stuck in bl.. Power down phone go to recovery and do a factory reset.. What does it do when you try to get into recovery? Sometimes it can take quit a few attempts to get into recovery.. Its taken me upwards of 5 times to get into stock recovery after a firmware flash.. Also were you on 4.2.2 or 4.3 when you Odin'd 4.3?

Also check this thread out
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48871865

I was on 4.3.1 when I flashed 4.3

If i power down and try to get into stock recovery, it doesnt work and reboots. If i go into download mode and hit "cancel" and then try to get into stock recovery, the blue text shows up as if it is working , but then resets before it can enter stock recovery.

I am redownloading a MDL stock firmware to try and reflash using odin again from here
https://www.copy.com/s/XBuW3TpgjSi3/...4/MDL/Firmware

ParkerParker
Old
Thanks Meter 908
Quote:
I was on 4.3.1 when I flashed 4.3

If i power down and try to get into stock recovery, it doesnt work and reboots. If i go into download mode and hit "cancel" and then try to get into stock recovery, the blue text shows up as if it is working , but then resets before it can enter stock recovery.

I am redownloading a MDL stock firmware to try and reflash using odin again from here
https://www.copy.com/s/XBuW3TpgjSi3/...4/MDL/Firmware
If you are on 4.3 you can not go back.. Look at link in previous post, you may have had a bad DL, I would try MJA again

Excalabor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
If you are on 4.3 you can not go back.. Look at link in previous post, you may have had a bad DL, I would try MJA again

Ok I was able to get the system booted and into stock recovery where I did a factory reset.

The phone boots all the way until the yellow "sprint" screen and stops....

ParkerParker
Old
Thanks Meter 908
It can take awhile

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Ok I was able to get the system booted and into stock recovery where I did a factory reset.

The phone boots all the way until the yellow "sprint" screen and stops....
If it still dosent work DL this and start over unzip and use tar.md5..

http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.ph...Original%20TAR

Excalabor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
It can take awhile

haha, all you need is patience..it works.... thank you for your help!

ParkerParker
Old
Thanks Meter 908
Your welcome.. I know the feeling been there before