XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SD card problem

Tip us?

Dark_Chocolate
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default SD card problem

So my Pantech Burst P9070 is having issues. In clockwork mod recovery (cwm) it said my SD card couldn't mount so I tried formatting it. Well apparently I must have done something wrong during the formatting process because my SD card (internal) is no longer detectable by my phone or computer. My phone shows a notification saying that my SD card is damaged and needs to be formatted but when i press the button to format it, my phone says that the SD card is removed, but I do not even have an external SD card so I am confused. Please Help!!!

TheUnknownThing
Old
Thanks Meter 105

DONATE TO ME
Don't panic. If you are trying to use your sd card for songs, apps, photos etc, then just go into windows or any other partition manager, do a FULL wipe and make sure its FAT 32. If you also want to increase your internal storage visit my thread Hope this helps.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
Rom: Stock + CWM 5.0.2.6
Pressing the " " button really helps me

Dark_Chocolate
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
But how am I even suppose to use the windows or any other partition manager if my SD card isn't detected by my phone or computer?

dwightlathan77
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Disk Management

Look in the Disk Management Tool in Windows Vista or above.
If you don't have that or it doesn't detect it you can download a disk partitioning tool to do the job.

It none of the tools work from Windows verify that the card is unmounted in Settings and try formatting it form Android.
The Following User Says Thank You to dwightlathan77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]