XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Real offline racing game?

Tip us?

Mikegrmn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default [Q] Real offline racing game?

I downloaded a couple of racing games that look really great. But all of them require an internet connection to download updates before playing or to log you into some account. Other racing games I tried are fun but mostly with a view from the top. So it's actually a little like a marble maze thing. I don't care too much about the online social network gaming features of a game and so I'm looking for a racer which runs without internet connection, even if there are updates available. I'd download those when at home. But while I'm out and about I'd love to have a great "first person"racer. Any ideas?

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegrmn View Post
I downloaded a couple of racing games that look really great. But all of them require an internet connection to download updates before playing or to log you into some account. Other racing games I tried are fun but mostly with a view from the top. So it's actually a little like a marble maze thing. I don't care too much about the online social network gaming features of a game and so I'm looking for a racer which runs without internet connection, even if there are updates available. I'd download those when at home. But while I'm out and about I'd love to have a great "first person"racer. Any ideas?
real racing 3
if i helped hit the Thanks Button

Mikegrmn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
real racing 3
I've installed this, too. I like the game, but I really am just the occasional player. So some arcade style racer would be great. Whenever I start Rr3, it just hangs until I turn on some data connection. Maybe this is due to the race against others thingy.
I guess I'm just too old
But growing up, there wasn't internet and games came on 5 1/4 disks and later cartridges. But thanks anyways. I'll check my phone to really see if it was Rr3 I have installed, but I think it is.

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegrmn View Post
I've installed this, too. I like the game, but I really am just the occasional player. So some arcade style racer would be great. Whenever I start Rr3, it just hangs until I turn on some data connection. Maybe this is due to the race against others thingy.
I guess I'm just too old
But growing up, there wasn't internet and games came on 5 1/4 disks and later cartridges. But thanks anyways. I'll check my phone to really see if it was Rr3 I have installed, but I think it is.
simple game but fun highway derby
if i helped hit the Thanks Button