Default [Q] Problems with the 4.3 update for SlateBook x2

Long story short: Updated HP SlateBook x2 from 4.2.2 to 4.3 a little more than a week ago. Keyboard dock no longer acts as an input device. Back up battery charges, but is not recognized as the second battery like it should be on the home screen. I've tried factory resetting it many different ways. I've been all over HP's forums and talked to their customer support twice. According to HP's customer support, it's an OS error. Alright, great, got the 4.2.2 update ready to install from the SD card. I execute a factory reset and wipe the cache partition. I attempt to install 4.2.2 from my SD card, and this is what I get:

-- Install /sdcard/2Cellos ... '2Cellos is just a the file the update happened to be in
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update... 'gets about half way through here, enough for false hope
assert failed: !less_than_int(1378884122, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))
E:Error in /tmp/slideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

As of right now, I know nothing about Android development or writing code for Android or anything (I was hoping to learn until the keyboard busted.) What do I do? Please, please help me. I'd just really like my device to be fully functional again. Thank you for your consideration in advance.