5,598,233 Members 47,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unfortunately settings has been stopped?

Tip us?

testrider
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default Unfortunately settings has been stopped?

What caused this error message and how do I get rid of it? When I did something related to the settings, like turning on/off airplane mode, the error message "Unfortunately Settings has been stopped" popped up and I had to click OK for it to go away. However, it did not seem to affect anything else...

It also came up right after my Note 2 finished reboot.

Anybody knows why it happened? It just happened in the last couple of days and nothing was changed.

My Note 2 is running stock JB 4.1.2, rooted with CF Autoroot.

Thank you very much in advance.

testrider
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
I'm sure I'm not the first one and only one who got this message. Could anybody please help?
Thank you very much!

Irwenzhao
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrider View Post
What caused this error message and how do I get rid of it? When I did something related to the settings, like turning on/off airplane mode, the error message "Unfortunately Settings has been stopped" popped up and I had to click OK for it to go away. However, it did not seem to affect anything else...

Anybody knows why it happened? It just happened in the last couple of days and nothing was changed.

I don't know about stock, but flashing a custom ROM should fix it. (Try reflashing stock 4.1.2)

Smack that thanks button If I helped!
Note 2 LTE powered by Illusion ROM and Plasma Kernel.
Sent from dat small country called Singapore.
P.S. Quote my post for replies ASAP.
Smash that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniRom, running on my fabulous Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA.

testrider
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwenzhao View Post
I don't know about stock, but flashing a custom ROM should fix it. (Try reflashing stock 4.1.2)

Smack that thanks button If I helped!
P.S. Quote my post for replies ASAP.
I don't know why flashing a custom ROM would fix it, as I did not have this before and I did not change
my ROM...

Irwenzhao
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
I don't know why flashing a custom ROM would fix it, as I did not have this before and I did not change
my ROM...
U could try reflashing stock rom if u don't want a custom one.

Smack that thanks button if I helped!
P.S. replies with quotes will be replied to faster.
Smash that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniRom, running on my fabulous Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA.

0.o
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

I would just re-flash a stock rom. Maybe stock+root. Sorry I've rooted many times and never had that issue on a stock rom.

testrider
Old
(Last edited by testrider; 27th December 2013 at 03:43 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.o View Post
I would just re-flash a stock rom. Maybe stock+root. Sorry I've rooted many times and never had that issue on a stock rom.
Thanks for the reply. It'll be great if I can find out why then I can fix the root cause. We really don't want every time we have a problem we just do factory reset/wipe all/reflash and pray for the best?

It really seemed that there was no answer. I googled it and saw lots of people having the same problem but no solution.
I may have to flash the stock rom but I don't think that will fix the problem. Mine is running a stock ROM

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2696

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. It'll be great if I can find out why then I can fix the root cause. We really don't want every time we have a problem we just do factory reset/wipe all/reflash and pray for the best?

It really seemed that there was no answer. I googled it and saw lots of people having the same problem but no solution.
I may have to flash the stock rom but I don't think that will fix the problem. Mine is running a stock ROM
The only way to get to the root problem is run a logcat of the error. We could guess all day long. I mean did you freeze anything, delete anything, flash a mod, use an xposed module? There are hundreds of things that could be wrong, but without a logcat it would take a long time to guess your specific error.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

testrider
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan View Post
The only way to get to the root problem is run a logcat of the error. We could guess all day long. I mean did you freeze anything, delete anything, flash a mod, use an xposed module? There are hundreds of things that could be wrong, but without a logcat it would take a long time to guess your specific error.

Thanks. I'll remember to get a logcat next time. Right after the message popped up, correct?

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2696

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks. I'll remember to get a logcat next time. Right after the message popped up, correct?
Yep right after it happens. If there is something that triggers it. Reboot, to clear the log, then trigger the fc and pull log