5,600,919 Members 42,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sprint Note 3 Bricked. Help??

Tip us?

themorningsleeve
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Sprint Note 3 Bricked. Help??

I purchased the phone already rooted, but it was on a stock ROM running 4.3 and had TWRP recovery on it. I wanted to unroot and be completely stock, because it was acting funny (wouldn't reboot as it should from the menu, and a couple other things). So I followed this guide:

http://galaxynote3root.com/galaxy-no...galaxy-note-3/

and it failed. So i tried again from my USB3.0 port and it failed. I'm stuck on the yellow triangle screen which says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Pleas select recover mode in Kies & try again." I downloaded Kies3 and there's nothing in the firmware recovery list, and when I went to upgrade and initialization, I put in the model and s/n, it tells me that the SM-N900P isn't compatible or wont work with that.

I'm at a loss, any help would be great to get me back to a working phone! Thanks!!

themorningsleeve
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by themorningsleeve View Post
I purchased the phone already rooted, but it was on a stock ROM running 4.3 and had TWRP recovery on it. I wanted to unroot and be completely stock, because it was acting funny (wouldn't reboot as it should from the menu, and a couple other things). So I followed this guide:

http://galaxynote3root.com/galaxy-no...galaxy-note-3/

and it failed. So i tried again from my USB3.0 port and it failed. I'm stuck on the yellow triangle screen which says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Pleas select recover mode in Kies & try again." I downloaded Kies3 and there's nothing in the firmware recovery list, and when I went to upgrade and initialization, I put in the model and s/n, it tells me that the SM-N900P isn't compatible or wont work with that.

I'm at a loss, any help would be great to get me back to a working phone! Thanks!!
Well, I managed to fix it, I downloaded "N900PVPUBMJ4_N900PSPTBMJ4_N900PVPUBMJ4_HOME.tar.m d5" from a forum on here, and that managed to work, unlike the one I had tried previously. Back in business.
The Following User Says Thank You to themorningsleeve For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Epix4G
Old
Thanks Meter 830
Just to let you know you can't downgrade the bootloader is the reason it was failing ....

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Epix4G For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

musicman625
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 297
Default no root??

WHy would you want to be stock, you are missing so much, and what do you mean it was acting funny?
If you don't put a theme on your phone, it could put you to sleep with the stock UI, I can help you with that
The Following User Says Thank You to musicman625 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

duytienle
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman625 View Post
WHy would you want to be stock, you are missing so much, and what do you mean it was acting funny?
I can't go back! Dont want to.
The Following User Says Thank You to duytienle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alexk421
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help would be appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by themorningsleeve View Post
Well, I managed to fix it, I downloaded "N900PVPUBMJ4_N900PSPTBMJ4_N900PVPUBMJ4_HOME.tar.m d5" from a forum on here, and that managed to work, unlike the one I had tried previously. Back in business.
where did you find the download?
The Following User Says Thank You to alexk421 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7274
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexk421 View Post
where did you find the download?
When in doubt, turn to this thread,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47983560

[ROM][TAR][ODIN] Full Restore (Return To Stock) N900PVPUBMJ4 TAR

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
bricked, galaxy note 3, sm-n900p, sprint note 3