[Q] New to note 3 & samsung

Search This thread

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
so this script alone is sufficient? i dont need to flash anything else to fix efs? also...how do i backup efs...i found this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2447342 but some there said that it does a partial efs backup http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47955939&highlight=how+to+restore#post47955939 do you know a better way to backup efs & restoring it?

I used the attached file to back mine up, just a windows batch script i found on xda somewhere (never needed the actual files yet though..) - - Umm well that script will work 99 out of 100 times... but don't bank on it too much in case it doesn't work one day!

Attachments

• SAMSUNG_N9005_EFS_BACKUP.rar
    3 MB · Views: 7

linx1287

Nov 10, 2011
Dhaka
& how do i restore the efs from this? also that softbrick script alone is sufficient? i dont need to flash anything else to fix efs?

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
The batch file will give you options when you run it, as for the EFS fix .zip, literally just flash it and voila everything is sorted no need for any other files (or your EFS backup) :good:

Reactions: linx1287

linx1287

Nov 10, 2011
Dhaka
thanks once again mate...i am getting more & more confident in dipping my toes in note 3 modding :D :D now the only bit of courage i need is about that csc change from EVR to BLU....never had to worry about it before on the s3....but i'll take your word for it :D

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
thanks once again mate...i am getting more & more confident in dipping my toes in note 3 modding :D :D now the only bit of courage i need is about that csc change from EVR to BLU....never had to worry about it before on the s3....but i'll take your word for it :D

If you install Omega/Crash Or XNOTE you get to choose your CSC ;)

Have fun pal, if you get stuck just shoot me a PM or post here and some kind soul may reply in my absence hehe

Reactions: linx1287

linx1287

Nov 10, 2011
Dhaka
no worries mate...you have been an invaluable help...in case i need help on something...i'll be sure to ask you :) now i have a new headache to worry about :( my poor gf's nexus 4 fell down & had a tiny little crack barely visible but now the touch doesnt work...which means the digitizer is shot...now she's having a meltdown & i am looking for solutions.... poor dear...this was her 1st phone in a long while :'(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i just need a stock firmware so as i have a fallback if anything goes wrong...nothing more really as i plan to stick with custom roms...will this do?
    http://samsung-updates.com/details/17028/Galaxy_Note_3_Snapdragon/SM-N9005/EVR/N9005XXUDMJ6.html
    i am in Bangladesh so i am pretty confident that there isnt any rom for my region :p :p
    yea i was wondering about the battery life myself...i dont know what version my brother's note is but his battery lasts noticibly longer than mine does....i was even planning on swapping batteries as i thought it might be a cell related issue :p :p

As long as your bootloader doesn't go to MJ7 - that firmware is OK, If your bootloader updates ( I think it may with the custom ROM) you can't roll back to MJ6, you can go to MJ7 or MK2 via BTU which will work for you since EVR works.
    1 last query & i think i can start....with my current MJ6 build...can i do the cf auto root? or do i need to be on a lower build? if i can...then i think i will start or should i wait for the MJ7 to finish downloading & root that with cf auto root? & mate...thank you... you helped clear a lot of the confusions stopping me from modding this...now i think i can start things with a bit of confidence...thank you.... MUCH appreciated :D :D

You can CF root straight away, - since you're triggering KNOX anyway it won't affect you. Then on with custom recovery etc, just keep MJ7 as your stock back up on your PC just incase. and IF you run into any issues with EFS (bootloops/no signal/wifi/baseband etc) use THIS It has saved me and quite a few others.

EDIT: And no problem man, glad to help, we all start somewhere with new devices :)
    mate....the odin inside the cf root is 1.85 & the 1 got from google is 3.09 which should i use? & is PDA & AP the same thing because they are diff in the 2 versions of odin

I use 3.07 personally - and flash using PDA -- Use the one with CF root if you're unsure :)
    the phone is rooted :D :D ahhh feels like home again :p ....mate you said earlier that restoring backups on twrp causes system issues....i was wondering if this is true for just twrp or ALL current recoveries in general? which recovery would you suggest? also i was wondering about that script you told me about...the 1 about soft brick.... that fixes corrupt efs due to flashes yes? if so, does that mean it doesnt require my backup of efs?
    The batch file will give you options when you run it, as for the EFS fix .zip, literally just flash it and voila everything is sorted no need for any other files (or your EFS backup) :good: