5,594,077 Members 46,919 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New to note 3 & samsung

Tip us?

linx1287
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
so this script alone is sufficient? i dont need to flash anything else to fix efs? also...how do i backup efs...i found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2447342 but some there said that it does a partial efs backup http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...e#post47955939 do you know a better way to backup efs & restoring it?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1165

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by linx1287 View Post
so this script alone is sufficient? i dont need to flash anything else to fix efs? also...how do i backup efs...i found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2447342 but some there said that it does a partial efs backup http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...e#post47955939 do you know a better way to backup efs & restoring it?
I used the attached file to back mine up, just a windows batch script i found on xda somewhere (never needed the actual files yet though..) - - Umm well that script will work 99 out of 100 times... but don't bank on it too much in case it doesn't work one day!
Attached Files
File Type: rar SAMSUNG_N9005_EFS_BACKUP.rar - [Click for QR Code] (3.05 MB, 7 views)
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung

linx1287
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
& how do i restore the efs from this? also that softbrick script alone is sufficient? i dont need to flash anything else to fix efs?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1165

DONATE TO ME
The batch file will give you options when you run it, as for the EFS fix .zip, literally just flash it and voila everything is sorted no need for any other files (or your EFS backup)
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

linx1287
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
thanks once again mate...i am getting more & more confident in dipping my toes in note 3 modding now the only bit of courage i need is about that csc change from EVR to BLU....never had to worry about it before on the s3....but i'll take your word for it

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1165

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by linx1287 View Post
thanks once again mate...i am getting more & more confident in dipping my toes in note 3 modding now the only bit of courage i need is about that csc change from EVR to BLU....never had to worry about it before on the s3....but i'll take your word for it
If you install Omega/Crash Or XNOTE you get to choose your CSC

Have fun pal, if you get stuck just shoot me a PM or post here and some kind soul may reply in my absence hehe
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

linx1287
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
no worries mate...you have been an invaluable help...in case i need help on something...i'll be sure to ask you now i have a new headache to worry about my poor gf's nexus 4 fell down & had a tiny little crack barely visible but now the touch doesnt work...which means the digitizer is shot...now she's having a meltdown & i am looking for solutions.... poor dear...this was her 1st phone in a long while :'(