XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery drain on note3

Tip us?

aznmode
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 747
Default Battery drain on note3

Just wondering for those with note 3 if your phone battery isn't lasting as good as before. Seems with the gear connected all the time now my battery is dropping quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Don't forget to give thanks if I've helped you in anyway...

3vo3d
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Yup got the same issue. It doesn't go into deep sleep whilst connected. I assumed that was the bt drain and Would be normal?

Also it drains quicker if I enable bt tethering.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to 3vo3d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aznmode
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 747
Thanks for the reply. I've just installed Better battery stats and Wake lock detector to see if it's the gear that's causing it.

hausman
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I had this issue recently and a wakelock detector found google drive to be the culprit. ? i dont even use it wtf google...(point is, nothing to do with gear)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to hausman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

the death of me
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm curious to hear your finding. I'm also noticing a spike presumably since purchasing my gear.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to the death of me For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

st-tps
Old
Thanks Meter 137
I purchased Note and the Gear at the same time and had no battery drain at first.
It begun when I started to test the Bluetooth tether. My findings so far:

1. BT Tether active on both devices and connected to each other - battery drain massive on both devices (pretty obvius)
2. BT Tether active on both devices and connected upon Screen on at Gear (Using Tasker) - Battery good at Gear, Note donīt go to deep sleep.
3. BT Tether deactivated on Note and Gear still using same Task (try to connect upon Screen on) - Battery good at Gear, Note donīt go to deep sleep.
4. BT Tether deactivated on Note and Tasker deactivated on Gear - Battery good on both devices = Back to square one...

Have done nr 4 for about a week now and now problems with battery.
Soo... At my place itīs the BT Tether thats the battery-thief...
The Following User Says Thank You to st-tps For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zoso28
Old
Thanks Meter 44
My note 3 hasn't been affected by the gear, in fact it's even better now that I'm not pulling the phone out every 5 mins to check notifications. That said, anything involving tethering is going to use significantly more power than the stock watch b/c there's much more data being transferred
CURRENT:Galaxy Note 3 [Xposed]; Galaxy Note 2 [Int'l Xposed ROM]; LG Optimus G Pro; Galaxy Express [Xposed]; Infuse 4G [CM10.1]

RETIRED: Galaxy S III [Task650 JB]; Galaxy Note I717; BB Bold 9900 [Hybrid 7.1] iPhone 4s [jailbroken]; BB Playbook; Galaxy S II [AOKP]; Moto Atrix 4G [CM7 Ba2tF @ 1.3GHz]; Samsung Infuse; iPhone 4S; Captivate [Serendipity]; iPhone 4; BB 9800; HTC HD2 [CM7/WP7/ICS]; BB 9700 [Homebrew Hybrid]; BB 9000 [Hybrid]; iPhone 3GS [Jailbroken]; Nokia E71; HTC TyTN
The Following User Says Thank You to zoso28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aznmode
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 747
I'm not tethering. Still stock. So far I've found Facebook to be the culprit based on wake lock. I deleted it today and we'll see how it goes.

3vo3d
Old
Thanks Meter 82
From previous experience. Facebook can be a big battery thief.

Great post regarding BT tethering being the issue. I concur.

I checked today and with bt on but not tethering my n3 did go into deep sleep.

aznmode
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vo3d View Post
From previous experience. Facebook can be a big battery thief.

Great post regarding BT tethering being the issue. I concur.

I checked today and with bt on but not tethering my n3 did go into deep sleep.

Never had the issue till I got the gear so I never suspected Facebook. Maybe the last fb update did it. I don't have fb notification enabled either but it was still racking up wake triggers. I had over 1000 triggers while the other apps were very minimal. So far battery seems to be draining normally now. Thanks for the reply guys.