5,593,293 Members 33,070 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Do I need to relock bootloader first when restoring TA?

Tip us?

RealiableCandy4
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Do I need to relock bootloader first when restoring TA?

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

RealiableCandy4
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
I want tor restore my Z1's virginity was wondering would restoring TA on stock kernel automatically relock my bootloader or do I have to relock it first?

shem2409
Old
Thanks Meter 416

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealiableCandy4 View Post
I want tor restore my Z1's virginity was wondering would restoring TA on stock kernel automatically relock my bootloader or do I have to relock it first?

Restoring TA backup = relocking the booloader

I don't think there is any other way to relock the bootloader, so how would you like to relock it? :P
Cick below to view my channel on YouTube :

Sony Xperia Z1
-Detailed Camera Review: link
-Xperia Z1 vs. Nexus 5 (hands on): link
-NEW!!! Root your BL Xperia Z1 VIDEO TUTORIAL (C6902/C6903/C6906/C6943) 4.3 firmware link)
-more

How to use Flashtool to update/debrand your Sony Xperia (Videos: link)
NEW!!! Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (Review: link)
The Following User Says Thank You to shem2409 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RealiableCandy4
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Thanks for the reply I was going to use Flashtools to relock it. Cause of the camera issue I thought locking bootloader and restoring TA where completely separate from each other.

Also if you don't mind I'm on 4.3 unlocked with DooMKernel v4 and want to flash stock kernel how do I do that and where do i get. A guide on xda said if I want to relock I had to flash stock kernel.sin using Flashtool I don't know how to do that all I is how to flash a kernel using fastboot which requires me to have the .sin file which I don't know where to get it.

shem2409
Old
Thanks Meter 416

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealiableCandy4 View Post
Thanks for the reply I was going to use Flashtools to relock it. Cause of the camera issue I thought locking bootloader and restoring TA where completely separate from each other.

Also if you don't mind I'm on 4.3 unlocked with DooMKernel v4 and want to flash stock kernel how do I do that and where do i get. A guide on xda said if I want to relock I had to flash stock kernel.sin using Flashtool I don't know how to do that all I is how to flash a kernel using fastboot which requires me to have the .sin file which I don't know where to get it.

The stock kernel is inside the ftf of the firmware, so just select the firmware in flashtool and on the right hand-side you will see a list of contents of the ftf that you are about to flash (system.sin , userdata.sin, kernel.sin and so on) . Exclude anything that you don't need to flash under the exclude tab.

Just a word of advise, make sure you relock the bootloader on the same version of the firmware that you made the backup on. So if you backup up TA on 4.2.2 relock it on 4.2.2. There seem to be some people that have had issues when they tried to relock on the newer firmware.
Cick below to view my channel on YouTube :

Sony Xperia Z1
-Detailed Camera Review: link
-Xperia Z1 vs. Nexus 5 (hands on): link
-NEW!!! Root your BL Xperia Z1 VIDEO TUTORIAL (C6902/C6903/C6906/C6943) 4.3 firmware link)
-more

How to use Flashtool to update/debrand your Sony Xperia (Videos: link)
NEW!!! Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (Review: link)
The Following User Says Thank You to shem2409 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RealiableCandy4
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by shem2409 View Post
The stock kernel is inside the ftf of the firmware, so just select the firmware in flashtool and on the right hand-side you will see a list of contents of the ftf that you are about to flash (system.sin , userdata.sin, kernel.sin and so on) . Exclude anything that you don't need to flash under the exclude tab.

Just a word of advise, make sure you relock the bootloader on the same version of the firmware that you made the backup on. So if you backup up TA on 4.2.2 relock it on 4.2.2. There seem to be some people that have had issues when they tried to relock on the newer firmware.
Thanks a lot bro you're real help everything went smoothly