[Q] The most RAM saving ROM

Tip us?

Thaenor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Question [Q] The most RAM saving ROM

Greetings,

I've been around for some time, lurking mostly. And installing a ROM with ICS or JB on my Galaxy W was a wonderful way to innovate. It feels like I'm using a brand new phone, which is awesome.

I have tried Cyanogen mod and Paranoid Android and even the PAC roms. But the issue I run while using them is that my ram seems to be full most of the time, and it's filled with system apps more than my own apps. Which limits the phone seriously. I am almost unable to use Swiftkey for typing online or even messages, since it lags too much the phone.

I plan on keeping a couple of apps like a battery saver, Aviate launcher and occasionally a traffic monitor app like 3g Watchdog.I've been thinking about going back to Gingerbread versions, although new ones seem more enticing with features/apps like Google now.

I'm breaking my question in two parts:

1 - Can a more advanced android version like JB (or maybe KK) help make the system faster and the ram management more efficient? Or should I stick with a rom similar to stock?

2 - What roms do you recommend? Which Kernel? Or should I just face the fact my phone won't be able to comply with my current needs and I should ask Santa for an iPhone?

thanks
Reggards
The Following User Says Thank You to Thaenor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ahmed.ragab
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaenor View Post
Greetings,

I've been around for some time, lurking mostly. And installing a ROM with ICS or JB on my Galaxy W was a wonderful way to innovate. It feels like I'm using a brand new phone, which is awesome.

I have tried Cyanogen mod and Paranoid Android and even the PAC roms. But the issue I run while using them is that my ram seems to be full most of the time, and it's filled with system apps more than my own apps. Which limits the phone seriously. I am almost unable to use Swiftkey for typing online or even messages, since it lags too much the phone.

I plan on keeping a couple of apps like a battery saver, Aviate launcher and occasionally a traffic monitor app like 3g Watchdog.I've been thinking about going back to Gingerbread versions, although new ones seem more enticing with features/apps like Google now.

I'm breaking my question in two parts:

1 - Can a more advanced android version like JB (or maybe KK) help make the system faster and the ram management more efficient? Or should I stick with a rom similar to stock?

2 - What roms do you recommend? Which Kernel? Or should I just face the fact my phone won't be able to comply with my current needs and I should ask Santa for an iPhone?

thanks
Reggards
try flashing one of a kind by ipromeh ... I think u will be satisfied
Don't forget to press thanks button If my post helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to Ahmed.ragab For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Thaenor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed.ragab View Post
try flashing one of a kind by ipromeh ... I think u will be satisfied
Thank you, I'll give it a try on the stable version.

For future reference, and to save the trouble for other people who may come here and need to search the thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2120340

Thank you very much.

PS: in the mean time I'm open to more suggestions, just in case.

mirosz
Old
(Last edited by mirosz; 26th December 2013 at 02:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
U should also give a try to monster build rev16. Im using it as daily build and its really light weight.

Thread found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=39771952

Thaenor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirosz View Post
U should also give a try to monster build rev16. Im using it as daily build and its really light weight.

Thread found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=39771952
The rom crashes the settings applet everytime I try to change language to Portuguese.

Can't add widgets with aviate launcher (settings crashes)

otherwise seems alright.