[Q] Cyanogen 10.1 --> 10.2 update snafu

Tip us?

flattop100
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Cyanogen 10.1 --> 10.2 update snafu

Halp!

I had been running Cyanogen 10.1.3, when notification came in that 10.2 was ready. So within Android, I tapped the little updater, and now my phone doesn't work. I booted into recovery and tried reflashing 10.1.3, and instead of the Cyanogen animation, I have a whole bunch of cyan blue lines on my screen. My phone stays in this state and goes no further.

I've tried reflashing, wiping everything (dalvik, cache, factory, etc), and then downloaded 10.2 (w/ gapps) and tried flashing that. No luck, same issue.

I'm S-ON, but HBOOT shows **TAMPERED** at the top.

I'm relatively new to flashing ROMs, so any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated!

FinZ28
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1608

DONATE TO ME
Since you're S-on you have to install the kernel separately from the ROM itself (unless you're on Hboot 1.12). Hit the top link in my sig for more info. As for the "Tampered" warning, that's normal once the bootloader is unlocked.

Not sure about the blue lines on your screen:what:

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE
The Following User Says Thank You to FinZ28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flattop100
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinZ28 View Post
Since you're S-on you have to install the kernel separately from the ROM itself (unless you're on Hboot 1.12). Hit the top link in my sig for more info. As for the "Tampered" warning, that's normal once the bootloader is unlocked.

Not sure about the blue lines on your screen:what:

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE
Just to follow up - you were right. It was simply a matter of flashing the boot.img (kernel) first. Thanks for your help!

I can't really express my frustration with the CM team though - pushing an update from within Android, with NO notification (even in the changelog) that an automatic update would break the OS.