Default USB Tethering - Unidentified Network - No Internet Access

I am attempting to USB tether Internet access to a desktop with a fresh install of Windows 8 Pro. The process works flawlessly on my laptop, which already has WiFi Internet access and is running up-to-date Windows 8.1. There is no software or updates installed on the PC, aside from that which comes with Windows 8 Pro. Windows Defender/Firewall are disabled.

The PC does not recognize anything stored on the GS3, whether set as MTP, PTP, or neither, making it difficult to attempt transferring drivers. I have a UWF-1 wireless LAN adapter meant for Onkyo receivers, but it shows up as "UB93" with an exclamation mark in Device Manager. I've located potential drivers for the adapter, but I'm unable to transfer them from my laptop to the PC without the PC recognizing files stored on the GS3.

I have a single DVD-R I could use to transfer, but as it is the only method of transfer I have available, and I have single disc, I want to load it up with all potential fixes I can come up with before burning.

Any suggestions to get either USB tethering or the wireless LAN adapter functioning? or getting the PC to recognize files stored on the GS3?