XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MI9 to MJ5 and keep root

Tip us?

brauckmiller
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default MI9 to MJ5 and keep root

Hello all, I am VERY new to Android. The Note 3 is my first real jump into this world. I did have the Entourage Edge (dual book) a few years back running 2.2...but I digress.

Anyway, I've been trying to read the threads on how to upgrade from MI9 to MJ5 without losing root.

I seem to be missing something here. Some people seem to say you don't need to do anything and other seem to say the opposite.

Please help a n00b out and just tell me...do I need to do anything before I allow the update?

If so, WHAT EXACTLY do I need.

Thank you so much in advance

Signed,
Former iPhone 4S user.

Old
(Last edited by 880118; 24th December 2013 at 02:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I would recommend keeping MI9 because i don't think there is a way to ODIN if you mess up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to 880118 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wayne8821212
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
You can do that by getting the paid version of SuperSu (SuperSu Pro?) going into settings and uncheck the"enable superuser" box and check the "survivor mode" box and you're good to go! Then you accept the update. It worked for others and so I tried it and it worked fine for me. Once you are finished with the update you then re-check the "enable superuser" box.

Zugshad
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne8821212 View Post
You can do that by getting the paid version of SuperSu (SuperSu Pro?) going into settings and uncheck the"enable superuser" box and check the "survivor mode" box and you're good to go! Then you accept the update. It worked for others and so I tried it and it worked fine for me. Once you are finished with the update you then re-check the "enable superuser" box.
+1 that is what I did as well and all was fine as door maintaining root. Worth paying for the supersu fire this reason.

The only thing would be I'd toy need to go back to stock. That is were I'm stuck at on if I'd have to go back to mi9 or if van go to a mj5 and If so which method

Sent from my rooted Note 3
Current Phone :
Samsung Galaxy Note III
ROM-
Kernel-

Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB

Previous Phones :
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Motorola Atrix
Samsung Captivate
Iphone 3G

maximus96
Old
Thanks Meter 177
I just froze the att update app so I can stay on MI9. I read the update brings no real benefit
The Following User Says Thank You to maximus96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]