5,596,179 Members 34,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BBQScreen: Mirror Glass' screen on your computer

Tip us?

XpLoDWilD
Old
(Last edited by XpLoDWilD; 18th December 2013 at 12:26 AM.)
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 14029

DONATE TO ME
Default BBQScreen: Mirror Glass' screen on your computer

Hey there. Doing my first contribution to the Glass developer community
I'm the developer of an app called BBQScreen, which allows you to mirror your Android device screen on your computer. You got it, Glass is an Android device too! And thus, it turns out that BBQScreen is working pretty well on it too, allowing you to mirror your Glass display on your computer at a reasonable frame rate.

Check the video:

This will probably come handy if you have to do a showcase of Glass in front of a crowd and don't want to share it on your small phone screen, or if you want to show your app to a larger audience on a video projector. You can even use your mouse to simulate touchpad inputs.

The only limitations for now are that your Glass must remain plugged on USB (unless you're rooted and manage to flip on the app switch), and both your computer and your Glass must be on the same Wi-Fi network.

The app is normally a paid app, but I know how hard it can be to deal with grabbing, and pushing APKs to Glass, especially since licensing check is in place. So, for my fellow Glass Explorers, I'll be handing out free copies of the app. If you're interested, just let me know by private message here

Thanks! 
_ Omni developer - Android - Check my twitter for the latest updates!
______
<codeworkx> YIPIJAHEY SCHWEINEBACKE

Samsung Galaxy S II i9100, Galaxy Note N-7000, Galaxy S III i9300 Asus TF300T, TF700T Sony Xperia T (mint) LG Nexus 4, Nexus 5 Oppo Find 5, N1
and other devices you've never heard of.
______
Press "Thanks" if I helped !
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to XpLoDWilD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Humanio
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by XpLoDWilD View Post
The app is normally a paid app, but I know how hard it can be to deal with grabbing, and pushing APKs to Glass, especially since licensing check is in place. So, for my fellow Glass Explorers, I'll be handing out free copies of the app. If you're interested, just let me know by private message here

Thanks! 
Thanks for this! I've already paid for BBQ for my android devices but would love an apk for Glass as well (assuming its different?) I sent you a pm!
Tags
bbqscreen, computer, glass, mirror, screen mirror