XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help me flash recovery

Tip us?

greeneyez15o
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default help me flash recovery

Can someone help me flash a recovery ,i rooted it and tried flashin recovery got stuck at a i900 screen wot triangle . device is rooted somone please help. I tried rom manager but its a no go

creepyncrawly
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2659

DONATE TO ME
And apparently you didn't do much reading. There is a sticky at the top of this forum that informs you not to use Rom Manager on this phone.

Recovery is part of the kernel on the SGH-I777. It is not in a separate partition. You will have to flash the appropriate kernel for your version of the stock firmware. The easiest way is with Mobile Odin lite or Mobile Odin Pro. Please post your stock firmware version.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

greeneyez15o
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepyncrawly View Post
And apparently you didn't do much reading. There is a sticky at the top of this forum that informs you not to use Rom Manager on this phone.

Recovery is part of the kernel on the SGH-I777. It is not in a separate partition. You will have to flash the appropriate kernel for your version of the stock firmware. The easiest way is with Mobile Odin lite or Mobile Odin Pro. Please post your stock firmware version.

creepyncrawly
Old
(Last edited by creepyncrawly; 26th December 2013 at 03:55 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2659

DONATE TO ME
You would need to flash AJK v4.9 no swap. I believe it's the only custom kernel that works with stock jellybean.

You need to extract the boot.img from the zip and flash it with Mobile Odin. Then boot into recovery and re flash the kernel zip file with CWM. Otherwise the buttons won't work.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

royahaun
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Default Is this a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyez15o View Post
Can someone help me flash a recovery ,i rooted it and tried flashin recovery got stuck at a i900 screen wot triangle . device is rooted somone please help. I tried rom manager but its a no go
A senior member with 336 post. This makes me wonder about any thing I thing I read on xda even though i have learned so much here like the rules read ,read some more and search
The Following User Says Thank You to royahaun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Phalanx7621
Old
Thanks Meter 2045
Quote:
Originally Posted by royahaun View Post
A senior member with 336 post. This makes me wonder about any thing I thing I read on xda even though i have learned so much here like the rules read ,read some more and search
Reading isn't everyone's strong suit lol

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S II, Motorola Atrix[retired]