5,605,766 Members 47,986 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help un-softbricking my HTC One

Tip us?

kaiokimoto
Old
(Last edited by kaiokimoto; 27th December 2013 at 01:34 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Help un-softbricking my HTC One

I just picked up the HTC One today, and instantly attempted to root it.

After I finally rooted it, I made a stupid mistake of wiping all data prior to flashing a custom rom, and with no SD card, I figured I was screwed.

I'm still able to access TWRP recovery.

I read this article http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-tutori...b/#comment-436 attempting to explain how to mount my htc one and eventually flash a custom rom over. And following his instructions I am able to see "ROM.zip" in TWRP however when I try to flash the rom (which is CM11), it get an error and in red letters I read FAILED.

Any ideas? Thanks guys

murtaza217
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiokimoto View Post
I just picked up the HTC One today, and instantly attempted to root it.

After I finally rooted it, I made a stupid mistake of wiping all data prior to flashing a custom rom, and with no SD card, I figured I was screwed.

I'm still able to access TWRP recovery.

I read this article http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-tutori...b/#comment-436 attempting to explain how to mount my htc one and eventually flash a custom rom over. And following his instructions I am able to see "ROM.zip" in TWRP however when I try to flash the rom (which is CM11), it get an error and in red letters I read FAILED.

Any ideas? Thanks guys
i would suggest following this same procedure, but also check the md5 of the file on your computer / on the phone to make sure it downloaded/transferred correctly.
i'd also recommend flashing a sense based rom initially, stock or maybe bonestock. this only because they'll give you the least compatibility issues when flashing, and also because if you flash directly to cm11 you'll most likely have problems getting a gps lock.

kaiokimoto
Old
(Last edited by kaiokimoto; 28th December 2013 at 01:04 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks I'll give it a shot again. Wish me luck

UPDATE: So it still doesn't work, I've tried using adb sideload with no luck either. Here's what it says:

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/'
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/M7WLVCOO.zip'

Also when rebooting in recovery it says my device is not rooted (it was prior to this) and now its asking to install SuperSU, but when I reboot, of course it doesn't install it since I have no OS. How do I reroot with only twrp recovery?

Any idea what this means?
Thanks

bregga
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Have you tried using the fastboot options for flashing

there are some links here to doing the fastboot flashing I believe you reboot into bootloader holding the power and vol down keys when you get to the menu 1st option is fastboot hit power button and your in fastboot mode pleae anyone correct me if i am wrong but you should be able to type fastboot oem_RUU this will reboot your phone and you will get a htc with a green bar then type fastboot flash zip imagename.zip and hit enter that should flash the rom onto your system but please please please do a search and just double check the fastboot commands

brymaster5000
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1117

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bregga View Post
there are some links here to doing the fastboot flashing I believe you reboot into bootloader holding the power and vol down keys when you get to the menu 1st option is fastboot hit power button and your in fastboot mode pleae anyone correct me if i am wrong but you should be able to type fastboot oem_RUU this will reboot your phone and you will get a htc with a green bar then type fastboot flash zip imagename.zip and hit enter that should flash the rom onto your system but please please please do a search and just double check the fastboot commands
+1^^^ do an RUU. I suggest RUU'ing the .15 stock image. Then root again. Flash a recovery. Make a nandroid. Copy a Rom. Wipe and flash.

Sent from my Oney Bone.

TEAM ECLIPTIC
Kernel Developer

Like my work? Consider donating to my new phone fund...wouldn't mind deving for the m8.

Devices:
HTC One vzw
Incredible 2 = retired
Nook Color
The Following User Says Thank You to brymaster5000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]