5,600,664 Members 35,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Windows Chrome does not see dongle

Tip us?

masque3000
Old
(Last edited by masque3000; 27th December 2013 at 09:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
I had this same exact problem & tried all of the above suggestions and others in other threads... To no avail. But somewhere, dealing with the Windows firewall, there is a tick box for "Wireless Portable Device(s)"... I'm too lazy to find the instructions right now.. It was the magic key for me. I'll post the link later... I was up til wee hours of the morning trying to solve this issue, and was ready to return (or smash) my CC when I fell upon this solution.

Edit: Control Panel>System and Security Under Windows Firewall, I clicked on "Allow a program through Windows Firewall." I clicked on the Change Settings button in the upper right. Then I checked the box for Wireless Portable Devices.

Copied From: http://www.reddit.com/r/Chromecast/c...tension_tried/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Asphyx
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Ok new possible solution....If you guys are using WIndows 8 you need to enable TCP/IPv6!