AT&T SGH-I747 4.3 OTA - Data/Wifi Connectivity issues

Tip us?

jcb871
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy AT&T SGH-I747 4.3 OTA - Data/Wifi Connectivity issues

Hi

I updated my S3 to Android 4.3(not rooted) via OTA(Baseband version: I747UCUEMJB).
It has issues with data and wifi connectivity. Stock browser, Dolphin Browser, and some apps(whatsapp, FB sync) are able to connect to internet.
But most of the apps(Play Store, Chrome, Facebook, etc.) are not able to connect to internet. Everything was fine till this update.

Any idea what is wrong? Any solution to fix them?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
John

pc103
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb871 View Post
Hi

I updated my S3 to Android 4.3(not rooted) via OTA(Baseband version: I747UCUEMJB).
It has issues with data and wifi connectivity. Stock browser, Dolphin Browser, and some apps(whatsapp, FB sync) are able to connect to internet.
But most of the apps(Play Store, Chrome, Facebook, etc.) are not able to connect to internet. Everything was fine till this update.

Any idea what is wrong? Any solution to fix them?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
John
Tread lightly to avoid bricking & tripping the flash counter & Knox warranty flag if you care.
The lightest touch for you may be through an AT&T, Best Buy or Samsung device support center.

You will need root & recovery to self treat this, so "if you care" means avoid the following DIY options.

DIY options requiring root & custom recovery:
backing up as needed, so you can data wipe, wipe caches & reflash the UCUEMJB ROM, Kernel & Modem from
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540998
I recommend avoiding reflashing the bootloader at all costs. It is dangerous & most likely unnecessary.
Alternatively you can 'dirty flash' (no wipes) the same files from the link, but it is less promising.

jcb871
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc103 View Post
Tread lightly to avoid bricking & tripping the flash counter & Knox warranty flag if you care.
The lightest touch for you may be through an AT&T, Best Buy or Samsung device support center.

You will need root & recovery to self treat this, so "if you care" means avoid the following DIY options.

DIY options requiring root & custom recovery:
backing up as needed, so you can data wipe, wipe caches & reflash the UCUEMJB ROM, Kernel & Modem from
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540998
I recommend avoiding reflashing the bootloader at all costs. It is dangerous & most likely unnecessary.
Alternatively you can 'dirty flash' (no wipes) the same files from the link, but it is less promising.
Thank you for a very quick n detailed reply

Backing up is a head ache
I will check with AT&T/Samsung first about this issue. If nothing works out, I 'll try my luck with these steps

Thank you again