XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TWRP on my LG G2 Verizon

Tip us?

Thepie33
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] TWRP on my LG G2 Verizon

My phone is rooted, I got that far just fine. I tried using Clockwork Mod on my phone to push the custom ROM I wanted but realized after doing some research and getting the little android with the triangle and exclamation point that it isn't booting into recovery. I did some more research and decided to try and use TWRP. I have made sure I have the right drivers for my phone and that my computer recognizes the device. I have turned debugging on as well, and when the phone connects I go to internet mode and ethernet so that USB Debugging works. I followed the advice here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2449670 and downloaded everything I need. I'm in ADB cmd prompt and when I type the first line to push loki_flash it doesn't work. I even tried using the direct path of C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\loki-master\bin and it didn't work. I can't figure out how to get this recovery on my phone so I can push a custom jelly ROM onto my phone. This isn't my first phone or my first root so I know to read the comments and Q&A and I couldn't find anyone with the same issue. I would be very thankful for any suggestions or direction moving forward. Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

Makrilli
Old
Thanks Meter 141
What is the exact command you're using. Also try to drag the file to the cmd windows instead of writing the directory.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
LG G2 D802 running PA and Custom G2 kernel
Sold:Samsung Galaxy S III Running Temasek unofficial cm10.2 and Googy_max Kernel
Asus Transformer Prime - Running Paranoid Android with data2SD
Sold:Samsung Galaxy Nexus Running Paranoid android and ASKP kernel
Gave to gf:Samsung Samsung Galaxy S II - Running cm10.1 With Dorimanx kernel<3
Sold:Galaxy Note - was running cm10.1
Old:Zte blade, it's over 3 years old but still running cm10.1

Thepie33
Old
(Last edited by Thepie33; 28th December 2013 at 04:19 AM.) Reason: Forgot the error code
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makrilli View Post
What is the exact command you're using. Also try to drag the file to the cmd windows instead of writing the directory.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks for the quick response, the direct command I'm using is "adb push loki_flash /data/local/tmp/loki_flash" when that didn't work I tried using "adb push loki_flash C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\loki-master\bin" and that didn't work either. AND the error I get is "cannot stat 'loki_flash' : No such file or directory

copestag
Old
Thanks Meter 3
someone will correct me if Im wrong or there is some reason you shouldnt....... but I used Flashify from the playstore to install TWRP..... worked just fine for me...... of course Im just a novice who knows what worked for him..... so as I said..... I could be way off base