5,605,766 Members 48,146 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to Get Stock MA4 to Update to 4.3

Tip us?
 
wherestheanykey
Old
(Last edited by wherestheanykey; 27th December 2013 at 10:06 PM.)
#1  
wherestheanykey's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 202
Join Date: Sep 2009
Default [Q] How to Get Stock MA4 to Update to 4.3

Hi everyone,

I am trying to sell my Note 2 after getting the Note 3, and need it updated to 4.3. It is completely stock and nothing installed. When I check for updates, it tells me there are none. When I try to use KIES, it tells me I'm up to date. I have seen some reference to only being able to get the 4.3 update if you are on MH3 for some reason. Seems like this shouldn't be this difficult. I am on 4.1.2 MA4 with stock recovery, stock ROM, no root or superuser, system status shows normal, and yet I can't get it to update in any official method. I have checked here for a zipped up update package from someone who has got it, that could be flashed using the stock recovery. But the only one I found said you had to be on MH3 in order for it to work. I can't seem to find a stock tar for MH3 to use in Odin either.

Anyone have any idea what I need to do?

Thanks,
 
dicksteele
Old
#2  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 859
Posts: 1,842
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Hi everyone,

I am trying to sell my Note 2 after getting the Note 3, and need it updated to 4.3. It is completely stock and nothing installed. When I check for updates, it tells me there are none. When I try to use KIES, it tells me I'm up to date. I have seen some reference to only being able to get the 4.3 update if you are on MH3 for some reason. Seems like this shouldn't be this difficult. I am on 4.1.2 MA4 with stock recovery, stock ROM, no root or superuser, system status shows normal, and yet I can't get it to update in any official method. I have checked here for a zipped up update package from someone who has got it, that could be flashed using the stock recovery. But the only one I found said you had to be on MH3 in order for it to work. I can't seem to find a stock tar for MH3 to use in Odin either.

Anyone have any idea what I need to do?

Thanks,
If your phone is cherry it should update, try taking it back to newborn.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2275844
Crazy? Some people think walking down the street muttering to yourself is crazy. I'll tell you what crazy is: Crazy is walking down the street with half a cantaloupe on your head, saying: "I'm a hamster. I'm a hamster." That's crazy.
 
Npsacobra
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 9
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
If your phone is cherry it should update, try taking it back to newborn.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2275844
This is by far the easiest method. It worked great for me last night, but my i317 still would not update to MK6. For that I had to flash the zip file found in the general section.
 
wherestheanykey
Old
#4  
wherestheanykey's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 202
Join Date: Sep 2009
Ok I just used Odin to go back to LJ2 and checked for a software update, but again it didn't give me an update. When you say you "had to flash the zip file found in the general section." Do you mean you used the link posted by garydv2002, in post #84 of the thread "Official AT&T 4.3 Update is here!"? Which states:

Here is the OTA file http://www.mediafire.com/download/00...317UCUBMK6.zip
Use recovery to flash it. Only works if updated from MH3 build.

Found Here

If so did you go right from LJ2 firmware and baseband to MK6? And you did it from the stock recovery?

Thanks,
 
joedeuce
Old
#5  
joedeuce's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 531
Posts: 373
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NW Georgia

 
DONATE TO ME
Maybe they pulled the update? Just an idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
HTP!

 
dicksteele
Old
#6  
dicksteele's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 859
Posts: 1,842
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Ok I just used Odin to go back to LJ2 and checked for a software update, but again it didn't give me an update. When you say you "had to flash the zip file found in the general section." Do you mean you used the link posted by garydv2002, in post #84 of the thread "Official AT&T 4.3 Update is here!"? Which states:

Here is the OTA file http://www.mediafire.com/download/00...317UCUBMK6.zip
Use recovery to flash it. Only works if updated from MH3 build.

Found Here

If so did you go right from LJ2 firmware and baseband to MK6? And you did it from the stock recovery?

Thanks,
Heres a zip to go to MK6 from MA4. Which you were at, didn't consider it since your phone was cherry.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=149

So you can ODIN to MA4. Then flash this. Or if you can hang a couple days and watch the AT&T Galaxy Note II Android Development forum. There's also something popping up there.
Sky Note Air - 4.3 I317UCUBMK6-MJ4 is getting rolling.
Crazy? Some people think walking down the street muttering to yourself is crazy. I'll tell you what crazy is: Crazy is walking down the street with half a cantaloupe on your head, saying: "I'm a hamster. I'm a hamster." That's crazy.
The Following User Says Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wherestheanykey
Old
#7  
wherestheanykey's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 202
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
Heres a zip to go to MK6 from MA4. Which you were at, didn't consider it since your phone was cherry.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=149

So you can ODIN to MA4. Then flash this. Or if you can hang a couple days and watch the AT&T Galaxy Note II Android Development forum. There's also something popping up there.
Sky Note Air - 4.3 I317UCUBMK6-MJ4 is getting rolling.
Thank you very much, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...