5,597,542 Members 31,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help. Can't get phone to boot.

Tip us?

AlwaysDroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 246
Thumbs down [Q] Need help. Can't get phone to boot.

Hey all, I've been in the android game for a long time now, so I'm not new to any of this, but this s3 here has me totally stumped.

It is my cousins (telus i747m), and we had it stock rooted 4.1.1 until yesterday.

I updated it to 4.3 with kies, and then he opted for a custom rom. So I flashed TWRP in Odin, and tried to flash gummy 4.4.2

It failed with a assert fail as well as a status 7. I tried old TWRP, New TWRP, Old CWM, New CWM, many different roms ranging from 4.3 and upwards. Still failing with the stupid status 7.

Kies no longer connects to the phone, so I can't restore through there. I will have to install through Odin and the download is horribly and painfully slow.

So is there any way to get a custom rom flashed? I have searched and no one seems to have an answer. Any help appreciated.
Phone Specs:
Phone: HTC One
ROM: Paranoid Android

Galaxy Gio, Galaxy S > Nexus 4 > HTC One

Vergeh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
What assert failure were you getting?

xSharpi
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I'd start back from scratch so go back to stock, then root and flash latest version of TWRP or CWM. Make sure when you flash a Rom it's for that specific device for example if its for the AT&T it's for the AT&T. Also make sure to do a factory wipe before installing any me roms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pc103
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSharpi View Post
I'd start back from scratch so go back to stock, then root and flash latest version of TWRP or CWM. Make sure when you flash a Rom it's for that specific device for example if its for the AT&T it's for the AT&T. Also make sure to do a factory wipe before installing any me roms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
See my posts #2 & #5 here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2585493

dntesinfrno
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc103 View Post
Also see THIS post for a more detailed description of the updater-script and bootloader assert.
SGS3 i747 sporting Task650 AOKP(Jellybean 4.3) backed by KT747 kernel
If I have helped you a THANKS is appreciated but not expected, and if a problem was solved a [SOLVED] tag in your post title helps better the community
Samsung Moment>Samsung Galaxy S Captivate>Samsung Galaxy SII i777>Samsung Galaxy SIII i747