XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touchwiz with Aosp rom?

Tip us?

Linsanity
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Touchwiz with Aosp rom?

Hi is it possible to port touchwiz from the gs4 and flash it in an aosp rom or cm rom? I tried extracting touchwiz apk but it only force closes

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Misterjunky
Old
Thanks Meter 1883

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: touchwiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linsanity View Post
Hi is it possible to port touchwiz from the gs4 and flash it in an aosp rom or cm rom? I tried extracting touchwiz apk but it only force closes

If that was possible then the developers here in xda would ported many
of the Touchwiz's features into the CM/AOSP/AOKP/GE roms.

Good luck trying!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

The Following User Says Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Linsanity
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Yeah I understand. But there are flash able zip around the forum for different touchwizs that work with cm or aosp rom. The only problem is that they don't work with the s4 roms. Anyways, thanks for the reply

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3496
Quote:
Yeah I understand. But there are flash able zip around the forum for different touchwizs that work with cm or aosp rom. The only problem is that they don't work with the s4 roms. Anyways, thanks for the reply

Understand that Touchwiz isn't simply an app. Touchwiz IS the rom that comes stock with Samsung devices.

You can't extract it and install it in other roms because it IS a rom.

It would be the same as trying to install CyanogenMod into TouchWiz.

Now, if you are talking about trying to install the elements of Touchwiz like the gesture stuff and eyeball tracking and what not...no. Those aren't portable into AOSP based ROMs. Theoretically those elements could be ported, but the developers who would have to put in hours and hours of work to reverse engineer them and figure out how to port them largely consider those features to be hokey gimmicks that aren't worth the time to mess with. So there are no plans to move those elements to AOSP ROMs (Wifi calling being the lone exception. Everyone wants that ported. Lots of people have tried to mess with it. So far it's not been successful.)
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skipjacks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Linsanity
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I sound demanding. I really appreciate the response. So no way to get the launcher itself and not the sensors or gestures?

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3496
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I sound demanding. I really appreciate the response. So no way to get the launcher itself and not the sensors or gestures?

The launcher that comes with TouchWiz? There's nothing super special about it. There are a dozen other launchers on Google Play that do more.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!

Linsanity
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Yeah I like the fluidity and animations though. Is it possible to port that for me? Just the launcher

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3496
Quote:
Yeah I like the fluidity and animations though. Is it possible to port that for me? Just the launcher

The fluidity that you seek is there on all other launchers. That's the phone's hardware mixed with Android's Project Butter, which is an increased frame rate native to the system that makes everything suiper smooth. It has nothing to do with the TouchWiz launcher.

As for animations, just about all other launghers have those same snimations and more.

But if you're REALLY set on trying it....

Click here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2234064

Or here
http://www.addictivetips.com/android...ndroid-device/

Next time please do a search for something like this. Almost any answer to any question you have is already posted somewhere on XDA or the rest of the internet.