5,593,587 Members 38,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sprint Galaxy Note 2 on Straight Talk- can it be done?

Tip us?

erok2g
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Sprint Galaxy Note 2 on Straight Talk- can it be done?

I need help flashing a Sprint Galaxy Note 2 to Straight Talk. Any help would be appreciated. I have DFS already.

gotaug
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I know it can be done. I'm just debating doing it myself or paying $10 for a flashing service. I've heard both good and bad about one called cyberflashing and I don't know anything about any of the other services.

There are many different flashing services that have windows apps you run on a regular computer. You connect the phone to the computer running the app and they go in through the Internet and do everything. I haven't found cheaper than $10 and some are over $50.

tegocalde
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotaug View Post
I know it can be done. I'm just debating doing it myself or paying $10 for a flashing service. I've heard both good and bad about one called cyberflashing and I don't know anything about any of the other services.

There are many different flashing services that have windows apps you run on a regular computer. You connect the phone to the computer running the app and they go in through the Internet and do everything. I haven't found cheaper than $10 and some are over $50.
As long as your device has a clean esn you will not need to flash to straight talk. It will use sprint towers since it is a sprint phone. They do charge you 15 dollars to add your esn to their network via CDMA bring your own phone option. The service is cheap but they took forever to port my number over and customer service is a bunch of buffoons. Don't expect them to be very helpful, they are rude, always sound like they are partying and they can't answer many technical questions.

juggamonkey
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Will you get LTE with straight talk if you get them to add your esn

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

tegocalde
Old
(Last edited by tegocalde; 28th December 2013 at 03:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggamonkey View Post
Will you get LTE with straight talk if you get them to add your esn

I have had lte working on a d710 from sprint. So it should work on an L900. It worked as soon as it was activated and I used it until I got my L900 which I flashed to pageplus because the sprint coverage sucked so bad at my new place. You see it works on its native network on Straight talk so lte should work on your note2.

juggamonkey
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Ahh okI flashed my note 2 to Verizon prepaid and my unlimited 3g is fine for me but my mind keeps itching for 4g lte lol but I'm pretty sure sprints coverage sucks in my area in sc so I'll have to check before I switch