XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] after changing digitizer,,no signal what so ever

Tip us?

evulone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] after changing digitizer,,no signal what so ever

I recently purchased a digitizer off ebay to replace the cracked one in my boostmobile sg2,,,now iam getting no service what so ever...i was told it was compatiable it being a sprint digitizer....is there any programming i need to do from my end....After contacting boost, they couldnt find anything wrong..i can only think maybe its has something to do wit the internal antenna...which if iam not mistaken is located on the bottom back panel near the charger port...i tried another back,,,but i get the same results....

31ken31
Old
Thanks Meter 337
Sounds like you need to tear it down again and make sure all connections are correct and secure. I'm betting you missed something. If screen lights up and responds to touch it no way has anything to do with the replacement part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HTC One XL ATT S-OFF
ViperXL 3.2.5
ElementalX 5.0

evulone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well luck will have it,,,i broke the phone down again..and to make a long story short,,and a short story shorter..i broke the screen on the replacement digitizer...so the mystery remains until the second replacement arrives...but i was wondering do i use the meid/dec no. off the replacement digitizer or do i use the no. off my original digitizer??when i retore service to the phone

wizardknight
Old
Thanks Meter 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by evulone View Post
Well luck will have it,,,i broke the phone down again..and to make a long story short,,and a short story shorter..i broke the screen on the replacement digitizer...so the mystery remains until the second replacement arrives...but i was wondering do i use the meid/dec no. off the replacement digitizer or do i use the no. off my original digitizer??when i retore service to the phone
The ESN # is part of the system board, it has nothing to do with the screen/digitizer.

evulone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 45 69869982

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
The ESN # is part of the system board, it has nothing to do with the screen/digitizer.
Ok,,i asked because after installing the new digitizer,,i connected the phone with the Dec No. that was on the replacement digitizer and i did get service....but when i disconnected and reconnected with my original Dec No...thats when i get no service all together,,,I guess we are talking about the same numbers...the ones printed on the digitizer itself..mine says Dec or Meid No. not ESN.....the reason i didnt keep it on the same Dec No. that came on the replacement was that signal was very low..going in and out ...then it dawned on me that i didnt use my original Dec No. so i switched it over...then i got no signal whats so ever...i just figured that i was suppose to use my orginal Dec No.. since it was my original board that came out the phone...so its just kind of strange that i would get service from the replacement digitizer Dec. No. and not my own...anyway will experiment when the 2nd replacement arrives..thanks

wizardknight
Old
Thanks Meter 258
Quote:
Ok,,i asked because after installing the new digitizer,,i connected the phone with the Dec No. that was on the replacement digitizer and i did get service....but when i disconnected and reconnected with my original Dec No...thats when i get no service all together,,,I guess we are talking about the same numbers...the ones printed on the digitizer itself..mine says Dec or Meid No. not ESN.....the reason i didnt keep it on the same Dec No. that came on the replacement was that signal was very low..going in and out ...then it dawned on me that i didnt use my original Dec No. so i switched it over...then i got no signal whats so ever...i just figured that i was suppose to use my orginal Dec No.. since it was my original board that came out the phone...so its just kind of strange that i would get service from the replacement digitizer Dec. No. and not my own...anyway will experiment when the 2nd replacement arrives..thanks
ESN = dec/Meid, and has nothing to do with the display. All that info is on the system board.

evulone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
ESN = dec/Meid, and has nothing to do with the display. All that info is on the system board.
My question isnt about the display...iam asking what ESN do i give boost to activate the phone...my original ESN on the crack digitizer or the one that came wit the replacement digitizer...Note.. that when i used my original ESN i got no service..but did get temp service with the ESN on the replacement...Iam trying to figure out is there something wrong wit the replacement digitizer or is there a issue with which ESN iam using...to why iam getting no service at all...Which iam aware that all that info is on the board...but its printed on the digitizers

wizardknight
Old
(Last edited by wizardknight; 28th December 2013 at 07:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 258
Quote:
My question isnt about the display...iam asking what ESN do i give boost to activate the phone...my original ESN on the crack digitizer or the one that came wit the replacement digitizer...Note.. that when i used my original ESN i got no service..but did get temp service with the ESN on the replacement...Iam trying to figure out is there something wrong wit the replacement digitizer or is there a issue with which ESN iam using...to why iam getting no service at all...Which iam aware that all that info is on the board...but its printed on the digitizers
And I am trying to tell you that there is not an ESN on a digitizer.
A digitizer is nothing more than a thin transparent sensor the size of the lcd, located on top of the lcd, to show where on the LCD you are touching. It has no intelligence or storage capabilities what so ever.
There is not an ESN printed on a digitizer.
If you have an ESN number somewhere then you are not talking about a digitizer.

As far as getting service. My guess wold be that you might have broken or bent one of the spring touch connectors in the case that connect the antennas. Without having it in my hands I have no way to know for sure.