5,600,612 Members 33,821 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fitbit app

Tip us?
 
colwellkr
Old
#11  
colwellkr's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 66
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuraeL View Post
I've no way of trying this myself but to you guys who say that you should have support for BT4.0, you could try and trick the device that will not sync. :P Go into the build.prop and take the ro buildnumber and name and so on and change them to the same of a device that you are certain it works with. :P If the the Fitbit is checking up against a buildnumber or model number, chances are it's from the build.prop. :P And could be funny if you could actually trick it just by making your phone into something else. ^^ (That is if BT4 is supported as said.)
That's a really good idea. I have double and triple checked the specs for my phone and it does say Bluetooth 4.0. I think I'll try this since it worked for me tricking QPair into thinking my gpad was a v510. Thanks!
 
CuraeL
Old
#12  
CuraeL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 157
Posts: 356
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by colwellkr View Post
That's a really good idea. I have double and triple checked the specs for my phone and it does say Bluetooth 4.0. I think I'll try this since it worked for me tricking QPair into thinking my gpad was a v510. Thanks!
Don't thank me yet. ^^ Fingers crossed.

"XO Pressley has the deck."
 
colwellkr
Old
#13  
colwellkr's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 66
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuraeL View Post
Don't thank me yet. ^^ Fingers crossed.
Hmm, trying to edit build.prop on my phone does not seem to be working. Neither ES File Explorer, nor 920 Text Editor, are able to edit/rename/save anything to build.prop or in /system. It says is a read only file system.
 
CuraeL
Old
(Last edited by CuraeL; 27th December 2013 at 09:43 PM.)
#14  
CuraeL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 157
Posts: 356
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by colwellkr View Post
Hmm, trying to edit build.prop on my phone does not seem to be working. Neither ES File Explorer, nor 920 Text Editor, are able to edit/rename/save anything to build.prop or in /system. It says is a read only file system.
Ah, rule number one of flashing KitKat: When done go to play store and get supersu, run it and let it update the binary. Choose normal, not CWM\TWPR. Let it finish the install, takes10 secs or so. Restart and tadaa root. It has to be done on all devices for now. Go into supersu after reboot and find Settings and then untick "Respect CM superuser bleh bleh."

Good luck.

"XO Pressley has the deck."
 
colwellkr
Old
#15  
colwellkr's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 66
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuraeL View Post
Ah, rule number one of flashing KitKat: When done go to play store and get supersu, run it and let it update the binary. Choose normal, not CWM\TWPR. Let it finish the install, takes10 secs or so. Restart and tadaa root. It has to be done on all devices for now. Go into supersu after reboot and find Settings and then untick "Respect CM superuser bleh bleh."

Good luck.
My phone is running a custom 4.1.2 Rom called Lucidian. Would this still apply to that? I have superuser already working on it. And on my gpad running 4.4.2 cm11 I didn't have to do that to get root.
 
CuraeL
Old
#16  
CuraeL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 157
Posts: 356
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by colwellkr View Post
My phone is running a custom 4.1.2 Rom called Lucidian. Would this still apply to that? I have superuser already working on it. And on my gpad running 4.4.2 cm11 I didn't have to do that to get root.
And you have tried build.prop and it worked on your G Pad with CM 11? Funny, I had to do it on two different devices and just assumed I would have to on the G Pad as well. Now 4.1 i don't recall had any root issues, beats me why you can't edit the system on that one. Anyways, sounds like an incomplete root, like what happened in ICS 4.0 on the first Galaxy Note. Gave root but didn't do it for the full system..

"XO Pressley has the deck."
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

TasGear: A Tasker Extension for the Samsung Galaxy Gear

With wearable technology taking center stage this year, one can only expect more … more

Intelligently Place Contacts on Your Home Screen with CallWho Widget

There are plenty of ways to get your contacts to show up on your … more

Control TWRP from within Android with TWRP Coordinator

You may recall that back when TWRP2 introduced a couple of years ago, it brought with … more

Keep Track of Everything Your Device Does with Event Logger

Regardless of their OS choice, computing power users generally share one common … more