FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][GB]Gradient_Statusbar[EXCLUSIVE]

758 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,189
 
By kk9999gada, Senior Member on 28th December 2013, 09:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Gradient Status Bar
For Gingerbread Roms

Hello everyone, today I will show you how to get Kit Kat Gradient Status Bar on Gingerbread Roms. So, lets begin.

Requirements:
  1. Windows/Linux
  2. Apktool
  3. 7-zip.
  4. Notepad++ for Editing xml in Windows
  5. Gingerbread Rom (De-odexed) for SystemUI.apk
  6. Resources (See Attachment)
  7. Basic Compiling and Decompiling Knowledge.

Modding SystemUI.apk
  1. Decompile your SystemUI.apk
  2. Navigate to /SystemUI/res/layout/status_bar.xml
  3. Now find this line
    Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarView android:orientation="vertical" android:background="#ff000000" android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
      xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
  4. Now Change the Red marked line with this
    Code:
    android:background="@drawable/gradient"
  5. Now copy the attached gradient.png to /SystemUI/res/drawable-mdpi
  6. Recompile SystemUI.apk
  7. Now open the Original SystemUI.apk using 7-zip
  8. Now navigate to /SystemUI/build/apk and Drag the classes.dex to Original SystemUI.apk
  9. Now navigate to /SystemUI/build/apk/res/drawable-mdpi and Drag gradient.png to Original SystemUI.apk
  10. Push the Modded SystemUI.apk to /system/app
  11. Thats it. Enjoy Gradient Status Bar on your Gingerbread.

XDA PORTAL
Don't forget to Hit Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20131217-204421.png
Views:	6920
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	2479035   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20131217-204425.png
Views:	8055
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	2479036  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Resources.zip - [Click for QR Code] (409 Bytes, 3556 views)
File Type: zip WiFi_Network_Icons_For_MDPI.zip - [Click for QR Code] (18.4 KB, 2240 views)
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to kk9999gada For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kk9999gada Ad-Free
 
 
EnricoD
31st December 2013, 08:40 AM |#4  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
thank you.. gonna add gradients to my. next gb rom.. I've more white if you want I can share
31st December 2013, 09:06 AM |#5  
MuSaddiq's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 963
 
More
Nice guide.
Btw You can use xml method for the gradient statusbar, So that the users can change the opacity and color of their choice without any image editor. If you didn't understand you can take a look at gradient_bg.xml in SystemUI.zip from my guide.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MuSaddiq For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MuSaddiq Ad-Free
31st December 2013, 09:53 AM |#6  
i will definitely gonna try it on my ace with gb
happy new year in advance
31st December 2013, 10:44 AM |#7  
kk9999gada's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,189
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuSaddiq

Nice guide.
Btw You can use xml method for the gradient statusbar, So that the users can change the opacity and color of their choice without any image editor. If you didn't understand you can take a look at gradient_bg.xml in SystemUI.zip from my guide.

Yes, we can do that. But this one is much simple and the output will be same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya rathee

i will definitely gonna try it on my ace with gb
happy new year in advance

Happy new year to you also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricocid

thank you.. gonna add gradients to my. next gb rom.. I've more white if you want I can share

Yes you can share after all XDA is a place for sharing.
31st December 2013, 11:31 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
can it be used on ICS ROM
31st December 2013, 11:48 AM |#9  
kk9999gada's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,189
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pravin.narote

can it be used on ICS ROM

It should work give a try.
31st December 2013, 12:03 PM |#10  
MuSaddiq's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 963
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk9999gada

Yes, we can do that. But this one is much simple and the output will be the same.

Ya, the output will be same and this method is simple also but if the user wants to change the color of the gradient

In image method: He should use any photo editor.

In xml method: He should just change the hex color code.

Just a suggestion that you can edit the op and create 2 methods for this, Method 1 is image method and Method 2 is xml method.

Sent from my GT-S5360
The Following User Says Thank You to MuSaddiq For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MuSaddiq Ad-Free
31st December 2013, 12:17 PM |#11  
kk9999gada's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,189
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuSaddiq

Ya, the output will be same and this method is simple also but if the user wants to change the color of the gradient

In image method: He should use any photo editor.

In xml method: He should just change the hex color code.

Just a suggestion that you can edit the op and create 2 methods for this, Method 1 is image method and Method 2 is xml method.

Sent from my GT-S5360

Ok. Thanks I will add second method also.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes