5,597,762 Members 36,441 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUT]Guide to Flashtool, Flashmode, Fastboot driver installation and flashing[TUT]

Tip us?

Dark Wraith
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 531

DONATE TO ME
Default [TUT]Guide to Flashtool, Flashmode, Fastboot driver installation and flashing[TUT]

Creating this thread because too many threads are being created about problems being faced while flashing via flashtools and most of the times because of improper drivers

This is gonna be a small thread

Note: This is not an unbricking thread, for that visit http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1849170

This will help you get back to stock or whatever you wish to flash via flashtools

Things you need

1. Flashtool(Latest version should be good enough)

2.Proper Stock ROM (Meant for your phone){You flash improper ROM and you might have a very expensive paperweight}

3.Your device of course

Symptoms of having improper drivers.

1.Everything is going fine and flashtool asks you to connect your phone in flashmode/fastboot mode. You connect it and green/blue light stays for a few seconds and *poof* back to red led

2. You get a notification - Error installing SEMC Flash driver

3. You connect your phone but flashtool doesnt detect(either bricked/driver problem)

OK, Now First thing you should know about installing fastboot/ADB drivers

Know your PC's configuration. Many people try to install 32 bit drivers onto 64 or vice-versa..First thing you should know is that 32bit softwares don't work on 64 bit(be it any software)

Now if you get any of the above symptoms

1. Know your PC's config(Windows version,32 bit or 64 etc)

2. Now you have two ways to install drivers

-Yourself

-Or let flashtool do it for you

I will focus on letting flashtool install your drivers.

-First, navigate to folder and execute drivers.exe : Flashtool\Drivers\Drivers.exe

-Now connect your device(normal mode) and select your phone model from the checkbox list

-Once done, check flashmode from the same checkbox list and fastboot from same checkbox list

-Let it finish

Now for Windows 8 and 8.1, you have to disable driver signature enforcement

Wont take the credit from the OP of the method so please check out this post if you are on windows 8 or 8.1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2095087

Now if you'd rather install the drivers yourself, you can download pdanet and install or just search through the forum,plenty of guides here...

>Now just open flashtool

>Click on the flashing option(The bolt sign)

>Select the firmware

>Choose option flashmode or fastboot mode

Note : Select fastboot only if you have an unlocked bootloader

>Now when it prompts just connect you phone in flashmode or fastboot mode(depending upon what you selected

Note : Remember : fastboot mode is blue LED light while flashmode is green LED light

>Once it detects your phone, it should automatically start flashing

>Once flashing completes, disconnect phone and Enjoy....

Cheers..
Hit Thanks if i helped you in any way

New to Android kernel development : Check out my Tool Dark_multitool1.0
Want to develop kernels for Xperia devices : Check out my Tool Xperia_kerneltool
Beginner's guide to Programming in C/C++/Java/Python/bash : Check out this guide
A few basics about Android and how not to brick your Xperia S or any Xperia : Check out this guide

"Never argue with idiots.They will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience"

hawkbraz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Error Flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wraith View Post
Creating this thread because too many threads are being created about problems being faced while flashing via flashtools and most of the times because of improper drivers

This is gonna be a small thread

Note: This is not an unbricking thread, for that visit http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1849170

This will help you get back to stock or whatever you wish to flash via flashtools

Things you need

1. Flashtool(Latest version should be good enough)

2.Proper Stock ROM (Meant for your phone){You flash improper ROM and you might have a very expensive paperweight}

3.Your device of course

Symptoms of having improper drivers.

1.Everything is going fine and flashtool asks you to connect your phone in flashmode/fastboot mode. You connect it and green/blue light stays for a few seconds and *poof* back to red led

2. You get a notification - Error installing SEMC Flash driver

3. You connect your phone but flashtool doesnt detect(either bricked/driver problem)

OK, Now First thing you should know about installing fastboot/ADB drivers

Know your PC's configuration. Many people try to install 32 bit drivers onto 64 or vice-versa..First thing you should know is that 32bit softwares don't work on 64 bit(be it any software)

Now if you get any of the above symptoms

1. Know your PC's config(Windows version,32 bit or 64 etc)

2. Now you have two ways to install drivers

-Yourself

-Or let flashtool do it for you

I will focus on letting flashtool install your drivers.

-First, navigate to folder and execute drivers.exe : Flashtool\Drivers\Drivers.exe

-Now connect your device(normal mode) and select your phone model from the checkbox list

-Once done, check flashmode from the same checkbox list and fastboot from same checkbox list

-Let it finish

Now for Windows 8 and 8.1, you have to disable driver signature enforcement

Wont take the credit from the OP of the method so please check out this post if you are on windows 8 or 8.1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2095087

Now if you'd rather install the drivers yourself, you can download pdanet and install or just search through the forum,plenty of guides here...

>Now just open flashtool

>Click on the flashing option(The bolt sign)

>Select the firmware

>Choose option flashmode or fastboot mode

Note : Select fastboot only if you have an unlocked bootloader

>Now when it prompts just connect you phone in flashmode or fastboot mode(depending upon what you selected

Note : Remember : fastboot mode is blue LED light while flashmode is green LED light

>Once it detects your phone, it should automatically start flashing

>Once flashing completes, disconnect phone and Enjoy....

Cheers..
I tryied to flash my phone with a custom firmware from eXistenZ v2 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...light=status+7) I followed many tutorials (including yours) and in all tutorial I received this error Status 7 on Recovery mode. I followed this steps:

1- Flash device with 6.1.A.2.55 (Ive used LT26i_6.1.A.2.55_SG Generic (1257-6921) downloaded from http://www.xdafileserver.nl/index.ph...OCK+ROMS%2FICS)

2- Rebooted and works fine

3- Rooted device with Eroot 1.3.4 -> Ok!

4- Install CWN -> Ok!

5- Reboot device in Recovery mode

6- Try to install the ROM throught zip install on Recovery mode -> Error Status 7

Anyone can help me?

3-

Dark Wraith
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 531

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkbraz View Post
I tryied to flash my phone with a custom firmware from eXistenZ v2 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...light=status+7) I followed many tutorials (including yours) and in all tutorial I received this error Status 7 on Recovery mode. I followed this steps:

1- Flash device with 6.1.A.2.55 (Ive used LT26i_6.1.A.2.55_SG Generic (1257-6921) downloaded from http://www.xdafileserver.nl/index.ph...OCK+ROMS%2FICS)

2- Rebooted and works fine

3- Rooted device with Eroot 1.3.4 -> Ok!

4- Install CWN -> Ok!

5- Reboot device in Recovery mode

6- Try to install the ROM throught zip install on Recovery mode -> Error Status 7

Anyone can help me?

3-
Check updater script....something is wrong there
Hit Thanks if i helped you in any way

New to Android kernel development : Check out my Tool Dark_multitool1.0
Want to develop kernels for Xperia devices : Check out my Tool Xperia_kerneltool
Beginner's guide to Programming in C/C++/Java/Python/bash : Check out this guide
A few basics about Android and how not to brick your Xperia S or any Xperia : Check out this guide

"Never argue with idiots.They will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience"