5,604,292 Members 49,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Downgrade from cm 11 to cm10.2 problem

Tip us?
 
taktoka88
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Nov 2012
Unhappy [Q] Downgrade from cm 11 to cm10.2 problem

hi every one
i have gtI9000 and i was using cm 11 and when i try to go back to cm 10.2 i cant do that
because when i go to flash zip from sdcard them i begin flashing it wont complete installing
and i have an error ends with (status 7) installation aborted
i try many time but no way the same error
and when i re-flash the cm11 it flashed normally with no error
but i like to downgrade please give me a solution
please if u have an idea for fixing this help me
 
xsenman
Old
#2  
xsenman's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2143
Posts: 3,920
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by taktoka88 View Post
hi every one
i have gtI9000 and i was using cm 11 and when i try to go back to cm 10.2 i cant do that
because when i go to flash zip from sdcard them i begin flashing it wont complete installing
and i have an error ends with (status 7) installation aborted
i try many time but no way the same error
and when i re-flash the cm11 it flashed normally with no error
but i like to downgrade please give me a solution
please if u have an idea for fixing this help me
Flash a 10.2 kernel first to get lower version of CWM recovery, so that the CWM will be compatible for flashing the CM 10.2, since you current CWM is meant for CM 11, it will give you status 7 error when trying to flash a a lower version of ROM.

 
taktoka88
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman View Post
Flash a 10.2 kernel first to get lower version of CWM recovery, so that the CWM will be compatible for flashing the CM 10.2, since you current CWM is meant for CM 11, it will give you status 7 error when trying to flash a a lower version of ROM.

thank you i will try it but can u help me to find the kernel if u can give me a link or the right version ? thnx
 
xsenman
Old
#4  
xsenman's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2143
Posts: 3,920
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by taktoka88 View Post
thank you i will try it but can u help me to find the kernel if u can give me a link or the right version ? thnx
you can use CM 10 kernels from any source, like here , as long as its CM 10, it should work , just use semaphore 3.1 or 2.9

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes