XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Notificaion LED no longer works

Tip us?

jvcjbl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Notificaion LED no longer works

Has anyone else noticed that the notification LED works sometimes and then sometimes it doesn't. My Wife's phone no longer indicates her of any text messages anymore. I have tried power cycling the phone and doing a hard reset (holding power down until it reboots) and nothing seems to fix it. I ran the LED test in the system menu and the light works. I also checked all the settings and everything is properly enabled. My phone indicates me of text messages but one of my e-mail accounts doesn't update me anymore. Any ideas?

rockytruelyrox
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Can try to follow this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi83...e_gdata_player

Can you tell if this problem started after you installed and removed a custom led notification app? Many have reported such problems with apps like light flow lite.

I would suggest a reset to factory if the problem persists. Before you do so make sure your data is properly backed up.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using xda app-developers app

jvcjbl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockytruelyrox View Post
Can try to follow this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi83...e_gdata_player

Can you tell if this problem started after you installed and removed a custom led notification app? Many have reported such problems with apps like light flow lite.

I would suggest a reset to factory if the problem persists. Before you do so make sure your data is properly backed up.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using xda app-developers app
All of her settings were properly setup under settings. Also, she has no custom apps for LED installed, nor do I. I noticed on the HTC One M7 forum there is a lot of people complaining about this issue after taking the 4.3 update. That seems to be about the time from from when I first noticed the issue.

The Stig 04
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcjbl View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the notification LED works sometimes and then sometimes it doesn't. My Wife's phone no longer indicates her of any text messages anymore. I have tried power cycling the phone and doing a hard reset (holding power down until it reboots) and nothing seems to fix it. I ran the LED test in the system menu and the light works. I also checked all the settings and everything is properly enabled. My phone indicates me of text messages but one of my e-mail accounts doesn't update me anymore. Any ideas?
Mine works normally but I noticed my notification light is a lot uh... dimmer? after I updated to 4.3. Before 4.3 my notification light used to be incredibly bright and annoying when charging and watching YouTube at night especially when fully charged....that green light was ridiculous lol

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk