XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [I9500] Broken /efs and no backup

Tip us?

beesnipe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default [Q] [I9500] Broken /efs and no backup

Alright so basically my S4 has been bricked because I have no /efs folder.
I rebooted my phone one day because I like to do it regularly. This one particular time the phone never got past the Samsung splash screen. I went into recovery (TWRP) and noticed that in the log that 'E: Unable to mount "/efs"' was showing and that had never been there before. I first tried reflashing my ROM through recovery, which is WanamLite XXUEMJ9 V 3.2 . But this wasn't able to fix anything as it still never got past the Samsung boot animation. I then tried flashing a stock ROM, which was PGU-I9500UBUBMH1-20130827114342. This ROM is stock 4.2.2. This also did nothing. I then flashed the same stock but used adonis.pit as well. This did nothing.
Should I have mentioned that I do not have a backup of my /efs folder? >.>

Is there anything at all that I can do to fix it?
Thank you

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3022
Service centre or local mobile repair shop.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!

beesnipe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Because it's been modified I am no longer covered under warranty and I really don't want to have to pay a heap of money when I could just buy a new Nexus 5 for the same price as the cost it is to fix it.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3022
Take it to a mobile repair shop who isn't a Samsung repairer, they may be able to help (it will be a lot cheaper than having the fix done by a Samsung service centre). Nothing anyone here can do for you if you didn't make an EFS backup.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!