XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wii remote with a Senseless ROM

Tip us?

shiftace
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Sign [Q] Wii remote with a Senseless ROM

In this thread from forever ago, sanders858 got his Wii remote to work, but I'm not getting favorable results when I try the same.

I thought the issue with connecting a Wiimote to the Rezound (or any HTC phone) was due to the BT stack in Sense ROMs. I'm currently running tachyon and there's a shot of my about screen below. it's rooted, unlocked, and s-on if any of that matters.

After enabling Bluez IME as an input method and selecting it as the IME, it automatically enables BT and it will find my official Wii controller when scanning for devices. When attempting to connect with the Wiimote (HID) device driver selected, it returns "Error: bt socket connect failed" and gives up. For giggles, I've tried other device drivers to no avail and usually forces closed.

If anyone has some insight on how to get this working or can verify a 4.2+ ROM that supports the Wiimote, I'd be muchly grateful. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aboutrez.jpg
Views:	1174
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	2478510  

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1148

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftace View Post
In this thread from forever ago, sanders858 got his Wii remote to work, but I'm not getting favorable results when I try the same.

I thought the issue with connecting a Wiimote to the Rezound (or any HTC phone) was due to the BT stack in Sense ROMs. I'm currently running tachyon and there's a shot of my about screen below. it's rooted, unlocked, and s-on if any of that matters.

After enabling Bluez IME as an input method and selecting it as the IME, it automatically enables BT and it will find my official Wii controller when scanning for devices. When attempting to connect with the Wiimote (HID) device driver selected, it returns "Error: bt socket connect failed" and gives up. For giggles, I've tried other device drivers to no avail and usually forces closed.

If anyone has some insight on how to get this working or can verify a 4.2+ ROM that supports the Wiimote, I'd be muchly grateful. Thanks
i was only ever able to get any bluetooth gamepad to work with cm9 rom...has to be straight cm9
Samsung Relay 4g
Rom: [4.4.2] [Unofficial] LiquidSmooth v3.0 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
HTC REZOUND
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0 (Masque Of The Red Death) HBOOT: 2.28 Unlocked S-Off Radios: 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r

Donations are never expected but i will always fully appreciate and give thanks for them
The Following User Says Thank You to REV3NT3CH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tmanschuette
Old
(Last edited by tmanschuette; 28th December 2013 at 12:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 168
Ever tried sixaxis pair? I used it on my old phone to hook up a PS3 remote to my phone when I ran emulators, and it worked great. Only bad thing is it is a paid app, and requires a program on your computer for a one time Bluetooth mapping.

Edit: Guess you could also try Wiimote Controller from the Play Store, but you have to be under 4.2 to use it.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk