[Q] Which FTF backup method?

Tip us?

sisore
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Which FTF backup method?

Hello all

I am noob in Android, but recently I want to try to make FTF backup of the recently-released JB 4.3

The first tutorial I found is xl VipeR lx's tutorial
But in the latter pages of this thread, Apollo89 said that this method is incorrect which could cause incomplete FTF file and suggest another method

And they are quite far different as long as I can see, especially in which file should be excluded in the Flashtool's Bundler part.
I know that Apollo89's method is not specifically written for Xperia ZR, but I though they should be similar, so this is confusing

I personally tried xl VipeR lx's method, and it does create an 838 MB FTF file (and a torrent file, apparently), which I thought should be the correct file size, but I haven't tried to flash it myself.

My question is which one correct? xl VipeR lx's or Apollo89's? Or both actually correct and the difference itself doesn't matter?

Anyone have experience using both method?

Thanks in advance

itandy
Old
Thanks Meter 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisore View Post
Hello all

I am noob in Android, but recently I want to try to make FTF backup of the recently-released JB 4.3

The first tutorial I found is xl VipeR lx's tutorial
But in the latter pages of this thread, Apollo89 said that this method is incorrect which could cause incomplete FTF file and suggest another method

And they are quite far different as long as I can see, especially in which file should be excluded in the Flashtool's Bundler part.
I know that Apollo89's method is not specifically written for Xperia ZR, but I though they should be similar, so this is confusing

I personally tried xl VipeR lx's method, and it does create an 838 MB FTF file (and a torrent file, apparently), which I thought should be the correct file size, but I haven't tried to flash it myself.

My question is which one correct? xl VipeR lx's or Apollo89's? Or both actually correct and the difference itself doesn't matter?

Anyone have experience using both method?

Thanks in advance
Basically they're doing the same things with just different tools (SUS and PCC). But I think using PCC seems safer because you can have a point of time to unplug your phone safely.
My phone
Sony Xperia ZR | Rooted Stock ROM 4.3 | Stock kernel | Dual CWM/TWRP recovery | Samsung 32GB UHS-I

HTC Incredible S | Blackrose 2.02 HBOOT | 4EXT Touch | CM11 VivoKat | TESCO Kernel 3.0.101 | 3831.18.00.28 radio | SanDisk Ultra UHS-I 32GB

My work
Photo Grid/Frame Widget | Android Phone Vibrator - Xposed | Ringer & Notification Volume Unlink in ICS/JB - Xposed | Notification Direct Launcher - Xposed | Xperia Stamina LED - Xposed | Xperia/AOSP NavBar Buttons - Xposed
The Following User Says Thank You to itandy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sisore
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by itandy View Post
Basically they're doing the same things with just different tools (SUS and PCC). But I think using PCC seems safer because you can have a point of time to unplug your phone safely.
Have you tried both? I am genuinely confused about which file should be excluded

I personally tried the first tutorial using files downloaded by SUS after I update my ZR, so I didn't actually follows the tutorial thoroughly

Anyway, thanks for your answer