[Q] Galaxy S 7562 Duos - No incoming while sleeping

Tip us?

texan_mirage
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy S 7562 Duos - No incoming while sleeping

Hi all,

I have a very strange problem with Galaxy S 7562. The phone receives no incoming calls when it is sleeping. When the phone is out of sleep, it receives calls but as soon as it is sent to standby(sleep), it stops receiving incoming calls. Any caller would hear a message that "phone is not reachable" and I would get a missed call alert SMS once I wake it.
I have read in the forum about the same problem with S4 on ATT in US and the temporary solution was to turn off LTE but that is not applicable to me as I am using a network in India. The problem is irrelevant of network I use.
To me it appears that the phone switches off the radio as soon as I put it to sleep but I can't understand why? Below is what I have done so far:

1. Factory reset the device.
2. OTA Update.
3. Wipe User Data.
4. Changed to GSM Only, GSM(Auto PRL) was default.

Above made no difference as expected. The phone's battery is also dying out quickly and if I put the phone to sleep with charger on it would wake on incoming calls for first few minutes and then stop doing so.

After having this problem I rooted my device and installed PMP™ Xtreme Purity MOD v3 For SGS DUOS (GT-S7562) and now am running on baseband: S7562DDBMJ1, kernel: 3.0.8-1260195 dpi@DELL167#1.

I am considering doing a stock restore on this device but don't think it would be fruitful as the problem appears to be something else. I wonder if it could be a dying battery or will a custom rom resolve this problem(I don't think so, though).

Any help would be highly appreciated as I had been struggling with this for 2 days now.

texan_mirage
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Further

Did a stock restore and a custom ROM installation to no rescue!!

Experts, please share your views.

Phone is absolutely normal when awake..