XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Has anyone tried ART?

Tip us?

nupi
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokkami View Post
So if you have to choose between ART and Xposed, what would you prefere at this stage?
My G has still not arrived yet, have to wait till January to test it but that's a question what bugs me.
No brainer to me, I stick with Xposed (I want Xprivacy and Gravity Box).

I tried ART briefly on my Nexus 7 2013 and the performance impact was not even measurable in benchmarks. I do however believe that this will change with further updates to ART.
The Following User Says Thank You to nupi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

big gulps huh?
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I have ART enabled and use xposed along with all of my normal modules. No need to choose.

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Phone: Nexus 5 32gb Black
Current Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013) 16gb Black
Current Rom: Paranoid Android 4 Beta 4

Retired phones:
Moto G <- Galaxy Note 2 (broken and sold) <- Nokia Lumia 521 <- Nexus 4 <-Amaze 4g <- Sensation 4g <- HTC One V <- Sensation 4g <- Galaxy S 4g <- HTC HD2 (Broken....again) <- Nexus S 4g <- EVO3D <- G2 <- Mytouch 3g slide <- HTC HD2 (Broken) <- HTC HD7 <- iPhone4 <- Moto Droid <- Blackberry Curve 8300 <- iPhone 3g <- Several Verizon Dumb Phones

denzel09
Old
Thanks Meter 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by big gulps huh? View Post
I have ART enabled and use xposed along with all of my normal modules. No need to choose.

Impossible. Xposed doesn t work on art.
The Following User Says Thank You to denzel09 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

big gulps huh?
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Well now I feel like an idiot... I had ART enabled before unlocking my bootloader. I didn't think to set it again so I guess I am not using it. I guess I choose xposed over ART

Current Phone: Nexus 5 32gb Black
Current Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013) 16gb Black
Current Rom: Paranoid Android 4 Beta 4

Retired phones:
Moto G <- Galaxy Note 2 (broken and sold) <- Nokia Lumia 521 <- Nexus 4 <-Amaze 4g <- Sensation 4g <- HTC One V <- Sensation 4g <- Galaxy S 4g <- HTC HD2 (Broken....again) <- Nexus S 4g <- EVO3D <- G2 <- Mytouch 3g slide <- HTC HD2 (Broken) <- HTC HD7 <- iPhone4 <- Moto Droid <- Blackberry Curve 8300 <- iPhone 3g <- Several Verizon Dumb Phones
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to big gulps huh? For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nupi
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinAsia View Post
I've had very similar experiences switching to Android Runtime with both my N4 and Moto G. My biggest perception is that there is a decrease in the load time of most apps.

Sent from my Moto G
That would definitely happen - it has no need to run JIT first. I am wondering, did you run Antutu on ART?

ztmike
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I had to disable ART.. phone was acting up and some apps I use don't work with it. Might try to enable it again when I have time to mess around with it

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk