XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Game loading issues [GOF2, Pirates] since CM 10.2 update

Tip us?

AnonymousHoward
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Game loading issues [GOF2, Pirates] since CM 10.2 update

I recently updated to CM10.2, flashing the boot image and doing a factory reset and cache clear. Since then, some games, like GOF2 and Assassins Creed: Pirates, won't load properly: they'll get as far as the title screen and freeze. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? I'm contemplating formating the storage completely and starting from scratch, but would appreciate any suggestions before I do that.

treebill
Old
Thanks Meter 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousHoward View Post
I recently updated to CM10.2, flashing the boot image and doing a factory reset and cache clear. Since then, some games, like GOF2 and Assassins Creed: Pirates, won't load properly: they'll get as far as the title screen and freeze. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? I'm contemplating formating the storage completely and starting from scratch, but would appreciate any suggestions before I do that.
Try removing and reinstall of the games.

It probably stored files on the ad storage that was removed

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
Our OS who art in CPU, UNIX be thy name. Thy programs run, thy syscalls done, In kernel as it is in user!

My photo blog

AnonymousHoward
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks, but I've tried that. I did think it might be some sort of issue with the storage though. I tried deleting all the other data for GOF2, as well as uninstalling the app.

I should add a bit more detail: GOF2 was a reinstall after the upgrade. Pirates was a fresh install. So there weren't any old files for that.