5,596,354 Members 38,355 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Soft Brick SGH-T999

Tip us?
 
ibuddha
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 183
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default Soft Brick SGH-T999

hi all,
ive been searching all night for help with this issue but I don't know what to do.
this is an SGH-t999 currently the phone is soft bricked stuck on the kies screen after I tried to root the phone using a root method that was supposed to work..-_- anyway,

im currently trying to download the latest stock image but it will take about 5 hours to download. im hoping that maybe within that time someone can point me in the right direction.

when im on download mode the phone says custome binary 3 counts. any help would be gladly appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to ibuddha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wesc16
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuddha View Post
hi all,
ive been searching all night for help with this issue but I don't know what to do.
this is an SGH-t999 currently the phone is soft bricked stuck on the kies screen after I tried to root the phone using a root method that was supposed to work..-_- anyway,

im currently trying to download the latest stock image but it will take about 5 hours to download. im hoping that maybe within that time someone can point me in the right direction.

when im on download mode the phone says custome binary 3 counts. any help would be gladly appreciated.
When you launch Odin, you still able to communicate with your phone? If are, then you can try to reflash back using the Stock 4.1.2 image. My phone is still having issues too so I'm just trying to go back to something that I know will work.
The Following User Says Thank You to wesc16 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ibuddha
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 183
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesc16 View Post
When you launch Odin, you still able to communicate with your phone? If are, then you can try to reflash back using the Stock 4.1.2 image. My phone is still having issues too so I'm just trying to go back to something that I know will work.
I can communicate with Odin yes. I'm still able to place the phone into download mode and Odin recognizes it. do you have a link for the stock img? like I said im currently trying to download the very latest stock update image for 4.3 but it will be a few more hours. -_-
The Following User Says Thank You to ibuddha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wesc16
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuddha View Post
I can communicate with Odin yes. I'm still able to place the phone into download mode and Odin recognizes it. do you have a link for the stock img? like I said im currently trying to download the very latest stock update image for 4.3 but it will be a few more hours. -_-
Here's the link - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1949687

I'm pretty sure you ran into the same problem as me. I've been working on this ALL DAY and it's my birthday. You have no idea how stressed out I've been since I woke up lol. Anyways, I think I figured out what happened.

When I was flashing the stock image of 4.3 via Odin, my phone never actually cleaned out the previous system image. I confirmed this by flashing TWRP via Odin and performed a factory reset/system wipe. Once I confirmed that this was actually executed, then I reflashed my phone using the Official 4.3 stock. I read in another thread that you're supposed to uncheck Auto-Reboot but I forgot to (I don't think this step matters very much). Anyways, once the image was downloaded, I left the USB cable plugged in and made sure that Odin changes the status from RESET to PASS. Once it reports this status, it shouldn't take more than 5 min for it to go pass the boot screen (Samsung Logo).

I'm speaking of this purely from my experience today. Believe me, I've been working on this for the last 6 hours researching and reflashing my phone. I tripped the warranty counter and my flash counter is at 9. Best of luck to you
 
sswb27
Old
(Last edited by sswb27; 28th December 2013 at 03:29 PM.)
#5  
sswb27's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 150
Posts: 353
Join Date: Jul 2011
@ibuddha, @wesc16, After you odin a stock md5 img or a root66 md5 img you need to factory reset or wipe data from the stock recovery. You can do this by pressing the volume up and the home button while powering up. Then you can reboot and boot up just fine.

If you odin to 4.3 dont try to odin to anything lower it could brick your device.
My device


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes