XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charging issue with device turned on

Tip us?

samagon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Charging issue with device turned on

So my n10 recently got this awesome new feature, it won't charge if it is turned on. The charger gets exceedingly hot, but the device never charges. If I turn it off, it charges fine.

I've tried different chargers, etc. No change.

My device is one of the first batches ( ordered on release day) and has been great, up till this. it's not rooted, it's completely stock. From when this started happening I didn't install any apps, and it didn't seem to coincide with receiving 4.4.2 but I can't be sure that this isn't when it started.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts on what to look for, or how to correct?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

samagon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Found out what was going on. Media storage was eating battery. I guess I had copied some movies on for a flight and it was going crazy on that.

FletchF
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by samagon View Post
Found out what was going on. Media storage was eating battery. I guess I had copied some movies on for a flight and it was going crazy on that.
I'm having the same problem today. And yes, I did copy a few movies onto the N10 yesterday. What exactly is it doing that's causing the battery drain?

samagon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
I have no idea what causes it to suck battery. I removed the movies and it doesn't suck battery any longer :-\

samagon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Ok, spoke too soon. Media server is still sucking the battery. No movies on the device now.

Battery is 25% right now, going to leave it on the charger over night, but on, we'll see how it goes.

samagon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
25 to 99% from post to post. That is longer than it should be, so media server is still phooey, even with no media (other than what it shipped with).