[Q] Deleted Rom and back up, now ABD can't find the device

Tip us?

DaveInPhilly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Deleted Rom and back up, now ABD can't find the device

Sorry folks, I dun screwed up.

I have a first gen Kindle Fire that I had previously rooted. I was attempting to flash to the newest HellKat rom and I managed to not only delete the OS, and Rom, but also my previous backup. Now I'm stuck. Windows recognizes that the kindle is plugged in but says "insert disk" when I try to access the "E:" drive. I can boot into TWRP, but I mounting usb doesn't seem to do anything, and the ABD Sideload feature never gets started.

I had previously used the KFU to root the kindle in the first place, but downloaded it again, just in case, but that did not help.

I downloaded the unbrick utility but that doesn't find the device either.

I downloaded ABD and JRE and I think I have them working. I tried to ABD push the ROM onto the Kindle, but again device not found. I used SDK to download drivers, and they installed, but didn't help any.

So I have an empty kindle fire, I think the reason I can't do anything with it, is I can't get windows to recognize it, but I'm not honestly sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DaveInPhilly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thought I had it for a moment, got Windows to recognize the Kindle and transferred a couple of roms over, but after a couple of failed attempts to flash, I'm stuck at the boot screen (fire is orange and there is no animation). Windows no longer sees the device as a kindle, KFU is no help, and I can't get into twrp or COTR.

DaveInPhilly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, after a ton of fiddling with the drivers (not really sure exactly what I did) I got the kindle to boot into CM 10.1.3, but I can no longer access TWRP or COTR. I no longer get the blue kindle fire logo at start up, but now I get the orange one. There is no animation, but it does boot. There is no option to enter recovery, if I hold the power button it just restarts. If I restart from inside the OS it goes give me the option to reboot in recovery, but it doesn't it will still reboot into the OS. Same with GooManager, if I select reboot into recovery it just reboots normally.

I guess this is good enough, as the kindle is working in 4.2.2, but I'd really like to get TWRP working again, so I can download future roms...like CM11.